Not a lupo, though still VW

Tallika_Fan

Here is a sneaky peek of my new motor from our office block.

It's a 1975 Golf LS Automatic on twin carbs. It's actually a car i owned about 18 months ago, though i sold it. Bought it back yesterday. Hopefully some of you guys will like it. If not, nay mind.

Can you tell what it is yet.....

PICT3283.jpg

Getting closer...

PICT3281.jpg

This one was taken with 2x digital zoom so that's why it's crappy

PICT3282.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a sneaky peek of my new motor from our office block.

It's a 1975 Golf LS Automatic on twin carbs. It's actually a car i owned about 18 months ago, though i sold it. Bought it back yesterday. Hopefully some of you guys will like it. If not, nay mind.

Can you tell what it is yet.....

PICT3283.jpg

Getting closer...

PICT3281.jpg

This one was taken with 2x digital zoom so that's why it's crappy

PICT3282.jpg

nice car love the colour carnt beat a bit of old school i my self have a mk2 scirocco gt 1. but would love a mk 1 golf

Edited by airwolf

Cheers matey, old school is always good.

I like the sciroccos very much, always wanted a mk1 myself. though the mk2's are cool.

trying to get hold of a mk 1 that isnt rusted to hell is like tryin to find rocking horse droppings lol wot carbs you got on the golf?? as ive just gt the standard bierburg but with a k,n on it sounds ok

Yeah i know, i managed to find this one in 2003 (i think) in a barn, been stood a couple of years though had only done 19.5k, ran it for til the end of '04 then went travelling, sat for another year, got back, sold it on the pretence that i was moving to oz, didn't go, so bought it back yesterday. Turned 36k yesterday.

Anyway back to the question, they are Dellorto 40's, with 32mm chokes (i think) currently jetted incorrectly, though i shall sort that out soon i think.

That's a stunner!

nice 1 they same as webbers aint they??? would love some 4 the rocco would sound very nice with them on.wonder how many others have old schools vdubs on here lol

very similar i think. I don't know the fundamental differences though. Aside from that they are italian in design i think. They were also used on Lotus Esprits' too.

Hopefully there'll be a few old schoolers.

very similar i think. I don't know the fundamental differences though. Aside from that they are italian in design i think. They were also used on Lotus Esprits' too.

Hopefully there'll be a few old schoolers.

wot other car u got? av got the rocco and vw lupo soon to b supercharged i hope lol

Cheers for the comments folks, yep, i'm lucky, though the now previous owner now has first dibs for whenever i get 'bored' pah.

Smiles from myself whilst driving it!! Sounds ace, much meatier than it actually is. Until yesterday it was running on some 14" steels with 185/70's soon changed it back to the Ronals and 195/45's i sold it with. Much better imo.

Now must remember to take to the Loop out for a drive every once in a while too!!

Edited by Tallika_Fan

nice one mate, I have a mk1 too!

is the engine an 8 valve? do you have any pictures of the engine with the carbs on? as me and my brother are building up an engine for his mk1 jetta - 1.9 lightened and balanced, lightened flywheel with twin 45 webbers.

Iwant to see how close they sit to the scuttle panel?

Cheers for the comments folks, me likey.

I might be appproaching VW SA for a couple of front doors as mine are shot (rotten at the bottom) and the later Mk1 5door doors have different hinges :-(

Cosmetically she's only going to change a little. Just minor tweeks here and there, though nothing that can't be changed back.

Potobucket was being gay the other day so couldn't upload photos, here are what the previous owner sent me, so therefore current condition.

Only thing i have changed is the wheels, steelies for the Ronal Turbo's you see in the photos.

IMGP2688.jpg

IMGP2687.jpg

IMGP2684.jpg

IMGP2686.jpg

IMGP2682.jpg

IMGP2683.jpg

IMGP2681.jpg

IMGP2678.jpg

IMGP2679.jpg

IMGP2677.jpg

IMGP2676.jpg

Edited by Tallika_Fan