New Ipod touch

Ashley

Hey everyone, is anyone going to buy the new ipod touch? If so I would love some comments/opinions as I am thinking of buying one.

Ta very much :D

Edited by Ashley

i thought about it, then decided the 8gb nano is far better value, and the touch is a bit pants cos u can't play divx stuff on it which kinda ruins the point of it for me. £269 is overpriced compared to the competition, and 16gb isn't really enough space. saying that, i have played with a mates iphone which is basically the same thing as the touch, and yeah they are pretty cool.

Hmm yeah I have thought about the nano also, cheers for that; the price tag is a bit hefty on the touch.

:)

Edited by Ashley

i thought about it, then decided the 8gb nano is far better value, and the touch is a bit pants cos u can't play divx stuff on it which kinda ruins the point of it for me. £269 is overpriced compared to the competition, and 16gb isn't really enough space. saying that, i have played with a mates iphone which is basically the same thing as the touch, and yeah they are pretty cool.

how does your mate work his iphone - as they're locked to a usa network?

Ive always thought touch screen stuff is a bit crap because you end up with fingerprints all over the screen :confused:

i have two new nano's red and the black one

they are not working on my computer yet but they are really cool

Ipods are ace but I find I have no need for one what so ever. Generally a drive anywhere and if I don't I have a 2gb memory card in my phone with some music on it so I can listen to that. I never really walk far enough to warrant needing more than that for music.

on a related subject i thought this was an interesting report, explains why the I phone was exclusive to AT&T in the states and probably why you migth not want one in the uk. Plus the fact that texting is a PITA with a touch screen keyboard. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/23/iphone_will_fail/

The phones will be sold in O2, Carphone Warehouse and Apple stores from 9 November costing £269 including VAT only on the O2 network.

Edited by Crusoe

i have two new nano's red and the black one

they are not working on my computer yet but they are really cool

I haven't forgotten. :blush:

The touch is a nice little gadget, but its early days at the moment. The new Nano is a great little device and the iPhone looks to be very impressive. (Roll on November 9th!!!!!)

The touch will find its place I think but at the moment its early days, storage is key. While I would put up with an 8 or 16gb iPhone, if I were to buy a dedicated video/audio player of that size I'd be wanting 30gb plus.

That said, I haven't decided which to buy for Sarah for Christmas, a Nano or a Touch. Need to have a play first but with the free Nano's they are chucking out with Mac purchases at the moment I think I might go for that. :)

I'm personally going to wait a bit - I want to see what software is relaised for it in due course. It's already been cracked, people are saying it would make an ideal PDA, and my current PDA is about 6 years old now...

There are rumours of an ultra-thin, entirely solid state, multi-touch equiped laptop / tablet / pda coming from apple after leapord, which may also be worth waiting for...

Had a go with a Nano today. I really like the new menu system. Heavily influenced by the Touch and iPhone with coverflow and backgrounds on the homescreen that cycle through photos or album covers. Much smaller than it looks in the photos and also very light. Incredibly thin too.

Had a go with a Nano today. I really like the new menu system. Heavily influenced by the Touch and iPhone with coverflow and backgrounds on the homescreen that cycle through photos or album covers. Much smaller than it looks in the photos and also very light. Incredibly thin too.

Yeah the pictures don't do it justice. Its perfect i Think. the screen is big enough to watch something on.

Hmm all good advice. I need an MP3 player pretty sharpish as at the mont all I have for music in my car is the radio :(, but I want to wait until the price of the touch comes down or they bring one out with a larger HDD.

Cheers everyone