9" Wheels on a Lupo GTI

Mr ColinG

Would 9" wide alloys fit on the back of a Lupo GTI.

They would be 17" with an ET of 47. Need adapters so 25mm would bring the ET down to 22.

By my calculations they would be 40mm farther out that the standard bathursts and 15mm further out than the RS's I am currently running. Straight on or rolled arches or pulled arches???

Lastly I suppose they would need a stretch, so what tyres, front and back, front would be 7.5x17.

Thanks in advance.

17x9 maybe pushing it at the back, i'd imagine you'd need some serious arch work, rolled wouldn't be enough so you'd have to get them pulled. It's a lot of work and 17's will make the car look higher than what it actually is. I'd say just think it over a bit more before you do it.

17x9 maybe pushing it at the back, i'd imagine you'd need some serious arch work, rolled wouldn't be enough so you'd have to get them pulled. It's a lot of work and 17's will make the car look higher than what it actually is. I'd say just think it over a bit more before you do it.

Yeah, I'm just mulling a few ideas at the moment, I thought that it would be a pain, wanted to be sure before I rule something out.

Cheers ;)

Went round to kierons the other night and compared the wheel sizes, as both running different set adapters on the porka rims, im only running 20mm adapters on my 8*16's on the back and have no rubbing plus my arches are still unrolled, kieron has arches rolled and has 30mm adapters on, his rub.. so 25mm may be the safest bet with rolled arches etc. If you dont get on with them then you can always sell them.

bikerz...the red loop is a non gti, but there is a silver gti in the v.i.p bit on edition which is running 17's.

I think the arches would need to be rolled and pulled to accommodate those wide boys. you would need to run 215/35 17.

That rothe turbo loop runs 8x17's on the back, and even that look tight!!!

vw_lupo_gti_turbo_04.jpg

I'm rockin 14" x 9" steffans on my GTi, obviusly with them being only 14's they're further away from my arch so doesn't catch, but they hang out the sides like a fat girl's cheese burger, look awesome though! Go for the 9's!!!

Bewick

I'm rockin 14" x 9" steffans on my GTi, obviusly with them being only 14's they're further away from my arch so doesn't catch, but they hang out the sides like a fat girl's cheese burger, look awesome though! Go for the 9's!!!

Bewick

another north easterner!....

any pics of the little beast??

Bewick

wide 14s on a gti, :wub:

Pics pics pics. . . . . .

:lol: now they would be fat

I had more problems with my 8X14 on the front than the 9X14 on the rear. Once the arches were rolled, they are not an issue.

Gti have a wider track on the front so would be worse. Mine are et 25, but I think a few are funning 8s on et 20, which does not rub as much. Personally I think 14s look too small on a gti, due to its big round arches. I would not go below 16s if i had one.

This looks nice

Lupo-GTI-75_9x16-1.jpg

:lol: now they would be fat

I had more problems with my 8X14 on the front than the 9X14 on the rear. Once the arches were rolled, they are not an issue.

Gti have a wider track on the front so would be worse. Mine are et 25, but I think a few are funning 8s on et 20, which does not rub as much. Personally I think 14s look too small on a gti, due to its big round arches. I would not go below 16s if i had one.

This looks nice

Really want the low fat look, will get arches rolled and hopefully not a problem might have to raise my coilovers a bit though, damn crappy irish roads breaking my car and my heart :angry2: