looking for new laptop

N14L VW

My Brother just bought a new Toshiba from PC world. All the new ranges are soon coming out, so the current ones are cheap. Youll have to be quick tho, the one my brother bought was the last one they had.

Dont go to Currys or Dixons, PC world own both and are quite alot cheaper.

Depends on your budget mate. LAPTOPS can be picked up from £349 from Dell to around the £2500 mark for a top of the range Alienware gaming laptop (which is the best!!)

*cough* 2.0ghz Core 2 Duo MacBook 1gb ram £699*cough*

I have this laptop and give it nothing but praise shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />. But Macs arnt liked by all rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If your going to get Vista - which most laptops have on at the moment dont consider anything less than a intel core 2 duo. My girlfriends mum has a intel mobile 1.7 1gig ram and it runs like a dog on a vista. my mates dad has same one but with 512mb and its totally *****!

My advice = Core 2 Duo + 2gig ram if budget can stretch and try to get one with a dedicated graphics card

I have this laptop and give it nothing but praise. But Macs arnt liked by all

Mac's arent liked by all, but they ARE liked by everyone that owns one!

The people that don't like them are the ones who've never tried one / been shown how to use one.

I have the core2 duo black macbook (£999 spec) and i wouldn't trade it for the world, had it since January and i have only had one problem yet, which was very easily rectified.

avoid acer at all costs... they're cheap for a reason!!

Mines an acer and I cant fault it. Swapped it with my boyfriends something or other at one point, but favour this the most. Acer travelmate 4050 to be precise

mines an acer aspire and the built in cam has stopped working, it crashes on a weekly basis, and some keys dont work, such as the pound sign, some capital letters etc

its just pure screwed.

i'd love a new imac to replace this heap.

All depends on cost. But DONT go for anything withy vista unless your going to take it off. Really slows PC down. I have a nice PC, but my mates is far better, but mines soo much quicker cos his runs vista, hes going to take it off cos its such pooo.

im currently lookin at gettin an alienware, but they have just been taken oer by dell. so im not sure

Dell bought alienware out over a year ago! i remember reading up on it in a PC Gaming mag i bought around July last year.

in order to prevent confusion within this topic i will close the subject with one word.

MacBook.

Period. (two words then!)

Hallelujah this man saw the light shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />