Cleaning yours?

Micro fiber wash mitts and a micro fiber drying towls are great!! kind on paint work and save alot of time and effort.

Used to use agood old sponge and chammie...big no no doh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":doh:" border="0" alt="doh.gif" />

I use coma shampoo to wash it and use Maguire's polishing products.

Edited by vworks41

Sorry for hijacking thread but why is sponge and chammie a big no no.

I use Maguires clay, but autoglym polish etc.

A sponge will hold the grit on its surface and cause swirls and light scratches on ur paint work.

chammies do the same and your applying more pressure.

These two websites offer lots of top notch products, and plenty of advice smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

www.polishedbliss.co.uk

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/ mate, an insane site for cleaning stuff!

when I was mine, i jet wash all the loose dirt off, use some turtle wax shampoo and conditioner, once over with a mitt (as vworks says these are the best for washing) rinse off with the jet wash again, some wonder wheels acid stuff for the wheels, then some poorboys world sealant, then another once over with the shampoo and mitt, to get any bits that may have been missed, dry it with a poor boys waffle style water magnet, then (about once a month) clay it with either sonus (as its cheep) or megs medium, after clay, dip mitt in some cold water (ring it out so it applys a very fine amount of water) once ever, blade it (or waffle dry again) then poorboys medium swirl remover, megs step 1 paint cleaner, poorboys pro polish, then wax... either with purple haze dodo's or poorboys red limited edition stuff (will depend on colour of your car, and seeing as you have two colours on your car, poorboys white or dodo’s rainforest rub will be best) then seal it all in with a nice layer of Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant.

If your just starting from scratch, then shampoo, a bucket, a mitt, drying towel (both can be found here, Alex is offering a sweet deal on both) and then what ever other products you fell you want, all depends how nice you want it looking, and for how long. Have a browse through e38's "Elite Car Care" section for some awesome tips and info!

Hope this helps?

Anf.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/ mate, an insane site for cleaning stuff!

when I was mine, i jet wash all the loose dirt off, use some turtle wax shampoo and conditioner, once over with a mitt (as vworks says these are the best for washing) rinse off with the jet wash again, some wonder wheels acid stuff for the wheels, then some poorboys world sealant, then another once over with the shampoo and mitt, to get any bits that may have been missed, dry it with a poor boys waffle style water magnet, then (about once a month) clay it with either sonus (as its cheep) or megs medium, after clay, dip mitt in some cold water (ring it out so it applys a very fine amount of water) once ever, blade it (or waffle dry again) then poorboys medium swirl remover, megs step 1 paint cleaner, poorboys pro polish, then wax... either with purple haze dodo's or poorboys red limited edition stuff (will depend on colour of your car, and seeing as you have two colours on your car, poorboys white or dodo’s rainforest rub will be best) then seal it all in with a nice layer of Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant.

jeeeeeeeesus thats alot of washin! you arm must fairly hurt after doin that lot!

jeeeeeeeesus thats alot of washin! you arm must fairly hurt after doin that lot!

lol, yea it does man, getting used to it now though, but sheesh, it’s worth it in the end, plus most of that stuff is only needed once and a while, because there all top quality products, all it takes is a quick was and a bit of megs detailer spray and it brings the "just waxed" look right back.

So its not all that bad whistle.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":whistle:" border="0" alt="whistle.gif" />

My prefered route.

1. Rinse with hose pipe and clean water.

2. Wash from top to bottom followed by all shut frames, wheels then engine bay.. I wash with a Meguiars wash mitt and Zymol shampoo.

3. Rinse with hose pipe and clean water.

4. Dry off with a Meguiars microfible cloth.

I only do the next three steps a few times a year.

5. Apply Meguiars Scratch X to any damaged areas of paint.

6. Apply Zymol HD Clense then buff off.

7. Apply Zymol carbon wax then buff off.

my routin which ive kinda built up since startin smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />...

1. hose down the car with clean water

2. fill up 2 hot buckets off water (one with meguires neutral shampoo other just water)

3. wash wheels first with one microfibre wash mitt, rinsing in the plain water bucket after each wheel

4. hose down wheels.

5. hose down the car a little more

6. wash the driver side of the roof and windscreen, hose it down, rinse the mitt and do again.

7. do the same again on the passenger side

8. wash the whole driver side of the car but rinse mitt before doing the sills, then hose off

9. do the same again on the passenger side

10. wash the bonnet of the car, rinse mitt, then wash the front bumper lights etc, hose down

11. wash the boot of the car then rinse the mitt, wash the bumper and hose down

12. hose down the whole car again

13. dry the car off with a microfibre towell, then open doors, boot and bonnet and dry off the remaining water in them

14. hoover the interior matts, along with the carpet, seats & parcell shelf

15. use cockpit shine over all the interior plastics

16. put matts back in

17. apply tyre gel to the tyres using a sponge

finish smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

and once a month i polish the paint and windows & degrease the engine and clean that up.

i use prety much just meguires washing and drying stuff and autoglym polishes... o and meguires tyre gel and sponges, and turtlewax citrus cockpit shine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sorry to be a bit of a pain but u use wonder wheels?!?! NOOOO don't its farr too strong for everyday use, use it maybe once a year when your wheels are really bad and make sure you seal them afterwards, if you seal your wheels then you shouldn't really need a wheel cleaner, just shampoo and a seperate mit should work good enough. bit if you like using it then use megs wheel brightener diluted to the correct ratio

Do you use a blade? please don't! 1 little bit of grit falls on your car before you dry it and you have serious scratches, avoid use at all cost, just use a microfibre drying towel.

this is just advice, hope you dont take it offensivly, i am just trying to offer my pointers. have a read through a site www.detailingworld.co.uk for some amasing info.

as for shampoo, i currently use megs shampoo plus, buy it in gallon size and it works out very cheap for how many washes you get out of it and it is very lubricated

My Route:

1/ Jet Wash

2/ Wash Mit

3/ Jet Wash

4/ Wash Mit

5/ Clay (2-3 times a year)

6/ Meguirs Stage 1

7/ Meguirs Stage 2

8/ Meguirs Stage 3 (You know your cars clean when the applicator pad is the same colour as when you started the process)

9/ Meguirs Gold Class Wax

10/ Interior valet/ Bumper Black/ Tyre Sheen etc...

Normally about 2 weeks later i do stages 1-4 then "Diamond Brite" the car...

DSC01202.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC01212.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

clay bar ur car then u want to use some meguires next gen wax then after that u wana use auto glym super resin as its 1 of the best and easy to amly and remove... unless u have the chance to buy trde products?

Sorry to be a bit of a pain but u use wonder wheels?!?! NOOOO don't its farr too strong for everyday use, use it maybe once a year when your wheels are really bad and make sure you seal them afterwards, if you seal your wheels then you shouldn't really need a wheel cleaner, just shampoo and a seperate mit should work good enough. bit if you like using it then use megs wheel brightener diluted to the correct ratio

Do you use a blade? please don't! 1 little bit of grit falls on your car before you dry it and you have serious scratches, avoid use at all cost, just use a microfibre drying towel.

this is just advice, hope you dont take it offensivly, i am just trying to offer my pointers. have a read through a site www.detailingworld.co.uk for some amasing info.

as for shampoo, i currently use megs shampoo plus, buy it in gallon size and it works out very cheap for how many washes you get out of it and it is very lubricated

Thanks mate, my uncle is a car valeter for vw/audi so I have had just the same info from him. but i don’t know if you read all my post, but my car gets washed twice and rinsed 4times and dryed twice before blade, plus I run a very fine layer ionised water over a small patch then blade it, been doing it for years and never got a scratch from them...and have owned 3black cars biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />(which are the worst for scratches)...plus, what’s stopping a bit of grit getting under a waffle water magnet? It is a very common argument on e38 but if you prep it right then blades are fine.

As for wonder wheels, I use it undiluted once every 3/4months, and dilute it every other time. Thanks for the info though mate.

Of course I haven’t taken it affectively, discussion forums are meant for this purpose.

Cheers bud.

Anf.

christ, everybodys arms are gonna be like popeyes!!!!

wax wise, collinite is meant to be a really hard wearing , much better than megiurs etc.

I so need more cleaning stuff as running out

this is the best shampoo i've found so far (and i've tried loads!)

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb120_150wash.html

tech wax is the best megs wax imo, really really long lasting protection and shine. though a lot of people rave about poorboys waxes too i havent got round to trying them yet.

polishedbliss.co.uk are a really good company. used them a few times and never had a problem smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

you should only clay about twice a year really. megs step 1 and 2 are good for preping the paint smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> but step 2's a bit of a git to get off.

megs quik detailer is fab for getting road dirt/flies off a waxed car at a show for example smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

megs tyre gel (the purple gel) is the best tyre shine i've found, lasts for weeks and really easy to use and smell yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyy