The Mole aka Max's Arosa 1.4 tdi

Max69vk

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, though have you never worried that it'l come back and look *too* smooth? I don't think so, but it'd certainly cross my mind having that much done in one go!

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No your right, when it first went in the plan was to keep the line that runs down the side of the car & seperates the uppper & lower sections of the bumper. By the time I'd chatted with the guys in the garage they were more excited about doing the car than I was, & so it became more a situation of 'in for a penny, in for a pound'! The only concession to total smoothness was the door handles & that was only because I've seen what happens when door pop kits fail!

is that an open offer as i'm game

Dont you start laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

When she in for paint Max?

Dont you start laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

When she in for paint Max?

Its in as we speak! cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Still a nice car Max, like jon i think it will be too smooth to be honest and end up slab sided, with the skirts it would of distracted the eyes away from this and i did think you were replacing these not remving them totally? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

also having seperate top and smoothed bottom bumpers like mine was what made yours stand out and to be honest looked much beter than carters full smoothed examples blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

maybe ill feel different when i see it all in paint but at the moment im not too keen, either way if you like it then thats all that really matters and its good to see your still keeping the project going and not giving up like others whistle.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":whistle:" border="0" alt="whistle.gif" /> so good luck with it

and get more photos especially the painting pics

wayne

@ Ricoshay; Hopefully early next week, there was a leaking roof at the shop & the water managed to come through & blow the oven electrics!

@TSM; I had some reservations about going totally smooth as the only car I know of thats had it done over here is Cliffords GTI. Carters arosa wasnt totally smooth as it still had the side repeaters, 3rd brake light & swage lines down the side of the car, if anything it was seeing a side shot of his car that convinced me to get rid of the skirts, personally the more I looked at it & mine I realised how stupid it looked having a really low side profile but bumper heights that were a good few inches higher at the front & the rear. On top of that Im planning on running the car permanantly low not just dropping it low when its at a standstill so the sideskirts would have been ****ed in 5 minutes! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sneak preview....

P1010822.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010821.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010820.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Just need to urgently get two new rear quarter glasses to finish it off (dont ask doh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":doh:" border="0" alt="doh.gif" /> )

max what exhaust is that your running ?? im tempted to fit an aftermarket one but i dont want jap canon material and i dont want it to sound like its farting through a baked beans tin either ....

looking good mate , how much has it skined you so far then ?

Cheers for the comments, I'll get a few more pics up very soon.

@Penry ; Re they bonded or pop out?

@Danny ; I can fit either, Ive got all the mounting points for openers but bonded could be used.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Car's lookin smooth and tasty max smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> keep up the good work smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> anything else planned ?

119hp? Cracking figure which makes yours the most powerful 1.4 TDI on here doesn't it?

Nah Max's was 116bhp after the Jabbamap ... i had a copy of his graph on my PC, Mine was 117bhp, i remember this because mine was only 0.8bhp more than max's

Unfortunately, I am lead to believe that YJ02 VOK has been written off and scrapped style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> The vrm system at work is bringing it up as "Scrapped" i hope to god its not true, but tbh... I wouldn't be overly suprised if it was.

Edited by nfbr

Not quite finished, covered in dust & not even flat & polished yet, here it is looking shiny!!......

IMG_0356Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0357Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0358Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0359Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0360Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0361Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0362Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0363Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0364Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0365Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0367Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0368Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0369Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0371Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0372Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0373Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0374Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0375Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Had to take a picture of this full splity being rebuilt, last time I saw it the roof had been jumped all over & was sitting about 6 inches lower. Its only had the top half painted so far, but its so cool!....

IMG_0366Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

That is going to look soo good with the rims on and all polished up. You must be well chuffed. Cant wait to see it all back together. Makes me want to sort out mine.

Owen20Starsky2020Hutch20Signature20.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

to be honest max thats actualy looking quite good ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> although as expected it is quite slab sided

remind me again what wheels its going to be running? ronals IIRC?

and although it kinda looked right before the exhaust now looks quite out of place, you thinking of changin this at all?

good luck with it

wayne

to be honest max thats actualy looking quite good ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> although as expected it is quite slab sided

remind me again what wheels its going to be running? ronals IIRC?

and although it kinda looked right before the exhaust now looks quite out of place, you thinking of changin this at all?

good luck with it

wayne

Its looking a little slab sided at the moment because it's still riding like a 4x4 laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> once it's dropped it will be spot on. Im toying with the idea of lopping off the rear box & using one of these , now before anyone says it I know this is quite a large tip but at the moment I have twin 3" pipes with a 1/2" gap between them so it will be identical size + the slash cut matches the angle of the lower bumper perfectly smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cant wait to see the front bumper, thats the finishing touch biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> The windows ive got are bonded btw.

Coolio! I'll let you know as Im hoping I've just sourced a set of pop-outs for decent money smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nearly there.....

P1070336.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1070335.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1070334.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Pics courtesy of Dan@SAR