Panda 100HP...

AndyW

Need to take some other than it just sitting on the drive, sadly with winter well on its way I'm not sure if I'll get chance.

The Punto Abarth should be cracking, shame they still haven't shown the interior though.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, you havent seen todays autoexpress then :coffee:

Does look very nice, a leather covered dashboard is an option!

A 1.4T with 152bhp, estimated to cost from £13,500, sounds great :D

Edit, Autocar seems to think it will be priced from £15,500, which seems a little steep!

Edited by cardaft

The good thing about the Panda's styling is that it doesn't make the Lupo look dated when it's parked next to it. Unlike some of the other hatches round :) Glad your pleased with it, you'll have to take me for a spin in it at the next mids meet.

What i dont understand is why the standard pandas dont sell :confused:

I mean its not bad looking, its a 5 door, quite roomy, you can get a 1.1 Active for about £6000 new, or a diesel for about £7000 new. The 1.3 is a superb engine aparently. I just dont see why its doing so badly.

I hardly see any on the road, when it first came out i thought thats going to be a big seller, but its not :confused:

I also thought that about the renault modus too, and thats a huge flop too, i think thats a bit pricey for the size of it though, so that might be the reason.

The gti's bodyroll is so annoying, with firmer suspension i'd expect the car to be so much quicker and composed round corners.

It annoys me that I've decided that i'm selling it before I even got a chance to stiffen it up.

But that'll probably motivate me to get another one in the future,

I'm thinking of saving up for the cheapest gti possible once I have the Elise, to have as a daily driver. Get good suspension, little bit of tuning and diff seats ! : D

The panda is a cute car, would be nicer in black though imo, theres a video on evo.co.uk of a Panda 100 vs a Mclaren F1 on track ...!

I mean its not bad looking, its a 5 door, quite roomy, you can get a 1.1 Active for about £6000 new, or a diesel for about £7000 new. The 1.3 is a superb engine aparently. I just dont see why its doing so badly.

I hardly see any on the road, when it first came out i thought thats going to be a big seller, but its not :confused:

I also thought that about the renault modus too, and thats a huge flop too, i think thats a bit pricey for the size of it though, so that might be the reason.

I think you're right. Although, as Fiats 'breakthrough the attitudes' car, the Panda had a lot to fight against. There are loads of C1 and 107s round us that seem to be cornering the basic car market.

Additionally, I see more Nissan Notes than Renault Modii (if that's the plural of Modus!) and I think they are the better looking of the two.

Come on the Fox!

Edited by IDGM

Fiat dealers will do the same 13. tdi engine in the larger and better looking Grande Punto for £7995, know which i would go for if i was in the market for a small sub £8k diesel thoguh the panda is a good car. They should put the diesel engine in the 4x4 panda but they've reduced sales by only offering it as a 1.2 petrol (maybe the drive train can't take the torque but i wouldn't have though it would be a huge issue).

Can't see the pictures but it sounds good Andy :)

Fiat dealers will do the same 13. tdi engine in the larger and better looking Grande Punto for £7995, know which i would go for if i was in the market for a small sub £8k diesel thoguh the panda is a good car. They should put the diesel engine in the 4x4 panda but they've reduced sales by only offering it as a 1.2 petrol (maybe the drive train can't take the torque but i wouldn't have though it would be a huge issue).

Can't see the pictures but it sounds good Andy :)

Fiat do make a diesel 4x4 panda, i saw one in the Fiat dealers in france last year.

Although it did looka bit different to our panda 4x4 with more exterior plastics and things. Why its not sold here i dont know, it would be a better seller than the 1.2 4x4 which takes weeks to get to 60mph.

Good point about the punto though, thats a very good price for what is a large supermini diesel.

Its called the Panda cross, Linky