What rims to go for (pics included)

PeteDawson

having the lupo lowered sometimes this week, idea was to go low and wide, here are a couple of rims up against my car, but brock b5's are also in the running. let me know your views!

LupoKeskin.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoG60s.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by PeteDawson

1st ones are keskin kt1's 7.5x16 shown in the pic, but the other two i have are 9's, so id have to swap them for 7.5's, not sure what i want to go for, 16" are going to fill the archs too much and its going to have to be like a 4x4 to get a half decent ride. decisions decisions!

Do you have centre caps for the Keskins? If so I would say those, but I very much dislike seeing the additional multi fitment holes on alloy wheels, so if you don't have centre, go for the steels.

R

think il be going for some 7 & 8 x14" brock b5's, justr unsure wether to get the silver ones, or silver with polished lip.

Polished lip for sure shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

but that means i have to clean them all the time to make sure the laquer doesnt peel! and im off to uni in spetember - last thing i will be wanting to think about is "sh*t i need to clean my wheels!"

Quit yo jibba jabba! Being a student hasn't stopped me polishing my lips laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

lol! im having serious doubts now about getting "nice" rims, im in need of a new laptop for uni, so think im gonna get some sensible wheels now!!!!!!! Will bathursts fit on my sport????? pictures PLEASE if anyone has any, searched for about an hour tonight and can only find pics on jake-vws lupo, are there any others?

think il be going for some 7 & 8 x14" brock b5's, justr unsure wether to get the silver ones, or silver with polished lip.

Brock b5's will foul on the calipers if yours is a sport which i think it is.

So youd have to shave the calipers to get them on...

lol! im having serious doubts now about getting "nice" rims, im in need of a new laptop for uni, so think im gonna get some sensible wheels now!!!!!!! Will bathursts fit on my sport????? pictures PLEASE if anyone has any, searched for about an hour tonight and can only find pics on jake-vws lupo, are there any others?

In that case get sensible wheels, you will spend a lot more more money at uni than you think you're gonna!! Go for the bathurts or G60s, they both look mint on a non-GTI Lupo. Check Readers Rides, I know there's a few.. MartyP for starters.

Also, are you lowered in those pics?

Edited by lupodave

yeh lowered 30mm apparantly, its in the garage now though having coilovers, new pads, new discs, front lights smoked, and interior removed! Anyone know if i can buy bathursts new from VW? if so anyone know a part no.?? thanks

I priced up bathursts from VW, 240 quid + vat each blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Rather expensive...

yeh lowered 30mm apparantly, its in the garage now though having coilovers, new pads, new discs, front lights smoked, and interior removed! Anyone know if i can buy bathursts new from VW? if so anyone know a part no.?? thanks

What springs have you got?? You might have what I'm after! I'll PM you in a sec.

You can probs get them off VW but wheels new of a dealer are rediculously expensive. Keep an eye out in For Sale as sets always crop up, try an ad in Wanted too.