GTi Replica

DannyB

Hi, im new

Sorry if this is a re-post, i was wondering what parts are need to convert a standard body into a GTi Body ???

Just a little' list please

Thanks Very Much Danny shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

It needs alot of panels - iirc:

Bonnet (alu on GTi)

Front bumper

Front wings (wider arches)

Sills (slightly chunkier)

Rear quarter (wider arches again)

Rear bumper

Spoiler (possibly moving the aerial)

Doors (alu on Gti)

I also believe the track may be wider?

Also:

Seats

Steering wheel

In fact alot of the interior is subtly different

Obviously the engine is a 1.6

Wheels

And thats pretty much most of the car! Its not worth it, you'd spend more to create the replica that just buying a GTi straight out

Doors (alu on Gti)

Hmm, no good getting a GTi to do the pally rally in next year then, we had enough trouble trying to stick the magplates to the side of the disco this year. Ended up taping them to the inside of the middle window...

IIRC the only panel the Gti shares with the non-Gti is the bootlid. The roof is the same but the aerial hole is drilled further forward on a Gti.

Thats a properly special top line model for you. No stick on bodykits and a set of sets here...ala other popular hot hatches.

the aerial isn't any further forward.

took a gti bootlid complete with spoiler and put it on a 1.4S yesterday, the aerial was in exactly the same place.

it doesn't catch on Carl's, I have many witnesses.

including Kam and Micky who managed to hit me on the head with the tailgate.

oh, cheers Phil, I'm using your reg plate to get a radiator from ecp.

Nick won't do it without a GTI reg because he's too lazy to look it up. ha ha ha ha ha.

you could save a fortune and just make a very nice lupo out of a 1.0 or 1.4 without having to try look like a GTI. chances are a look-a-like will just look-a-bit-rubbish.

agreed. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

why would you want to anyway, ittll look cool but when people say 'cool u got a gti' n u have to say 'well no not actually, i just spent loads to try and make my 1.4 look like one'

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> just my opinion

The rear arches would probably be a huge expensive slag of a job to do unless you can do it all yourself. They are a totally different shape. Plus you'd have to cut out your spare wheel well to get the centre exit exhaust to work.

For the amount it'll cost you to convert it to GTI spec you probably would have spent more than a GTI!

There was a guy that did it - a silver 1.4TDI in to a GTI lookalike. It was very, very convincing and must have taken a *lot* of time and money.

Not really worth it though.

In hindsight I still find it difficult to believe he'd done it - I don't think I ever saw any pictures of the work. All I know is that it was a diesel, looked like a GTI, and lived in Scotland.

P88BEL was his name and snapping seat brackets was his game...

If you go on youtube and type in "Lupo GTTDI", there are numerous videos of the said Lupo cruising around.

P88BEL was his name and snapping seat brackets was his game...

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> fair play adam, that made me laugh rather loudly!

oh, cheers Phil, I'm using your reg plate to get a radiator from ecp.

Eeee, you cheeky ******.

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Look here for this ...

14042006.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00211.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00216.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And here for this ...

DSCN5179.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCN5180.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />