Sell The Lupo GTI or Arosa?

DanGTI

As many of you will be aware I have advertised my much loved 54 plate GTI for some time and whilst there has been lots of interest theres a severe lack of actual offers. I have noticed a lot of the other GTI's that were privately for sale that now (or recently) have shown up on dealerships for sale so obviously they are a difficult car to sell privately at the moment.

I am now wondering if we should keep the Lupo (being the more valuable car) and advertise the 1.0s Arosa. Obvioulsy running costs are an issue and the Lupo is a bit more - fuel being the main one (the insurance costs aren't too bad). The Arosa if really my gf's car and she is very attached to it but I think it might be easier to sell. What do you guys think.....keep the Lupo GTI up for sale or try and sell the Arosa?

The Arosa has a few nice extras like the Arosa floor mats, stainless Arosa door sill strips (the proper SEAT ones ordered in), a stainless twin exhaust (lifetime guarantee), spoiler, and the fog laps & bumper grills from the Sport model.

I would let the Arosa go before my GTi. It'll probably sell easier too.

'Our' Arosa may have to go for something bigger (Polo/Ibiza) when I get another dog in December time.

If I could afford another GTi...

Ray

As many of you will be aware I have advertised my much loved 54 plate GTI for some time and whilst there has been lots of interest theres a severe lack of actual offers. I have noticed a lot of the other GTI's that were privately for sale that now (or recently) have shown up on dealerships for sale so obviously they are a difficult car to sell privately at the moment.

I am now wondering if we should keep the Lupo (being the more valuable car) and advertise the 1.0s Arosa. Obvioulsy running costs are an issue and the Lupo is a bit more - fuel being the main one (the insurance costs aren't too bad). The Arosa if really my gf's car and she is very attached to it but I think it might be easier to sell. What do you guys think.....keep the Lupo GTI up for sale or try and sell the Arosa?

The Arosa has a few nice extras like the Arosa floor mats, stainless Arosa door sill strips (the proper SEAT ones ordered in), a stainless twin exhaust (lifetime guarantee), spoiler, and the fog laps & bumper grills from the Sport model.

Depends on what price you put it on sale for - like any other car. By the way, been a member for some time but this is my first post so hi everyone. I have been looking for a Lupo GTI for my wife for a month now and have seen yours on sale but there were 2 things for me that were non-negotiable - the car had to have air-con and be silver. I would have had yours if it had air-con and I think that the premium on price and interest that Lupo GTIs with air-con command made it a worthwhile option at the time of original purchase. I went to see Ty's Lupo GTI - the one with climate control - a couple of days ago and although it wasn't as mint as I had expected he and his dad were nice enough people and accepted my offer which was quite close to the asking price. I would have prefered a Lupo GTI with Air-con for around £7000-£7500 but if there are any they have 55k+ miles on them. By the way, my wife's first car was a silver 1.0 Arosa with 50k on the clock. I bought it for £2k about 20 months ago and sold it for £1900 6 months and 8k miles later when I got her a silver Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8T - sold that after 8 months and she's been driving my Golf GTI Edition 30, Corrado VR6 and Mk2 Golf GTI 16v - not at the same time of course biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . My Corrado VR6 is going next week sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> .

Edited by illyun

Put them both up for sale. Which ever sells is the one you dont keep laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

oh no...not the air-con debate again! mine is up for £7499 ono with 34k but then its a 54 reg so eventhough it doesnt have the air-con its still under warranty and still under-cutting the rest of the market. However, as someone (sorry I forgot your name) on here pointed out the trade price for mine is £7400 so the price really is a good deal.....

Back to the point though.....what would you folks do - keep trying with the Lupo or sell the Arosa?

Arosa GTI! like the idea but sounds like far too much work!

lol they will prob tell you to dump the gti engine in the arosa.

1litre cars are gonna be easier to shift than a gti, truth is if you can afford to buy/tax/insure/run a lupo gti. you would buy something bigger/faster for less money unless like a lot of people on here u just love lupo's myself included!

to be honest though theres a hell of a lot of people who dont even realise lupo gti's exist! hence why hard to sell!

Put them both up for sale. Which ever sells is the one you dont keep laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I agree that your price is excellent and I'm sure your car is in excellent nick. Its a shame it didn't have air-con because my wife will be using it with my 2 1/2 year old daughter (so the seats will all have to be covered wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) and she needs it for the summer months. As for which car you should sell, I reckon the Seat Arosa is the easier one to sell. I have an idea for you - if it were me I'd put both cars on sale and whichever one sells first is the one that goes. In that way your other half won't feel as bad as its pot luck whichever one sells first rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Edited by illyun

get the arosa sold,

daft question to ask on a lupo forum lol!

You may find that there nearly as many Arosa owners on here as Lupo owners!

Oh! and Fox owners are welcome too!

It's like the 'real' mini and Imp forums, you dont get a different forum for the Austin, Morris, BL... minis or the Hilman, Sunbeam or Singer Imp derivatives.

Ray

Bit of a no brainer really. Keep the gti. An appreciating classic in due course. Mark my words. Just keep it forever. They'll be the mk1 gti of the VW scene in 10 yrs time!

Thats why I'm buying one 'for the wife' ostensibly wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I also have a Diamond Silver Mk1 Golf GTI Campaign with 64k on the clock and 1 previous owner and have my eyes set on an Oak Green Mk2 Golf GTI 16v with 23k miles on the clock. Plus the Mk5 Edition 30 I have on order will have low miles as I have another Oak Green 16v as a daily driver - obviously I'll change that in a few years when I decide that I have to grow up. That should make for a nice collection in the next 10 years cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Hopefully I'll be taking them to shows until I lose my licence due to old age laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by illyun

Didn't Singer make sewing machines?

Yes and they put wheels on them too.

Singer Chamois was the Imp derived vehicle!

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

for a car which there are only 900 and falling in the UK it doesnt make sence to sell a GTi. now is the time to be buying up any GTi that are seen on sale. as said they are a guaranteed future classic.

Edited by Clouseau