interior style - opinions please

hiya guys and girls, id like some opinions if you go time. im looking change the interior in my loop. Ie got two ideas:

1) Bucket seats, rears removed and a polished rollcage

OR

2) Porsche front Seats, 3 x 10" subs where back seats would be and tinted rear windows

any other ideas appreciated

cheers

Seeing as you;ve definitely gone for the idea of having no back seats id go with the roll cage and porsche seats.

Most people who take the back seats out and opt for a cage, tend to really go for the weight loss, so some light weight bucket seats might not be a bad idea. Keeping the weight down and the speed up!

Im guessing the cage will stiffen the chasis up alot and make the car handle better and with some excess weight removed should be quite a bit quicker to, which is no bad thing biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Porsche seat would be plush but they will be quite heavy and with 3 subs in the back you will definitely notice the difference.

Oh from watford btw, might see you motoring about when im back from uni shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I'm taking my rears out (once I've worked out how!), boarding it and fitting a pair of MK4 Golf Recaros. All to fit a bike in the back.

I'm taking my rears out (once I've worked out how!), boarding it and fitting a pair of MK4 Golf Recaros. All to fit a bike in the back.

It'll still be a very tight fit.. If you're riding a proper bike that it... coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Unless its a BMX itll be very tight, My brother rides a 26" trials bike, with a stupidly small frame.

He got a puncture, and I drove him home whilst chewing handle bars!

Edited by Gibbeth!

It'll still be a very tight fit.. If you're riding a proper bike that it... coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

It's a squeeze with the front wheel off. I need some excuse for these Recaros for the missus!!!

• 2 weeks later...
And i bet my single 12" sub would still sound far better...

i really really REALLY doubt it mate. theyre MTX Thunder 5500s, in a Sledgehammer Enclosure. What you got? Mutant? Ripspeed? Fusion? LOL

Great to see a pic of how i had mine! Girls love bucket seats and they look great strapped in with the harnesses!

lol. thats the thing, my gf is normally my only passenger! all my other mates drive themselves! Thats why i dont need rear seats and i thought if im goin to put my subs in (which are very heavy btw) i would need to remove something else to balance out the weight. Do i need a spare wheel to pass an MOT?

anyone know the best way to make a false floor?

i really really REALLY doubt it mate. theyre MTX Thunder 5500s, in a Sledgehammer Enclosure. What you got? Mutant? Ripspeed? Fusion? LOL

Yes ok... You missed the point majourly.

I said BETTER not louder..

something that is LOUDER is more often than not worse.

As for "Mutant" And "Ripspeed" ...

Far from it.

DLS R6 Components up front being powered by a Phase Evolution CC280 amp

a/d/s/ R12.S2 sub which originally was powered by a Rockford Fosgate 501bd (650wRMS) in a 0.8cu.ft SEALED enclosure...

Currently powered by a random Blaupunkt Monoblock for the time being.

yeah ok so its only ÂŁ1500's worth... and theres only "four parts to it" without the head unit... I forgot to sound better something needed to have eight hundred speakers and three million killa-watts smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm 99.9% Certain i know more about car audio than you'll ever know.

SQ is the key to sounding BETTER. not making someone cringe.

but you dont know what subs, what amps are goig to be used..

bit of bold statement?

Thats how confident i am...

Ask anyone on here who'se propperly heard my setup in the lupo, and most of them won't be able to say they've ever heard a car audio system that sounds better.

Controll is everything... Volume is nothing without it...

maybe you should speak to Noddy1, Garth, db, paulbin, lupogtiboy or many others if you doubt me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by nfbr

Yes ok... You missed the point majourly.

I said BETTER not louder..

something that is LOUDER is more often than not worse.

As for "Mutant" And "Ripspeed" ...

Far from it.

DLS R6 Components up front being powered by a Phase Evolution CC280 amp

a/d/s/ R12.S2 sub which originally was powered by a Rockford Fosgate 501bd (650wRMS) in a 0.8cu.ft SEALED enclosure...

Currently powered by a random Blaupunkt Monoblock for the time being.

yeah ok so its only ÂŁ1500's worth... and theres only "four parts to it" without the head unit... I forgot to sound better something needed to have eight hundred speakers and three million killa-watts smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm 99.9% Certain i know more about car audio than you'll ever know.

SQ is the key to sounding BETTER. not making someone cringe.

Thats how confident i am...

Ask anyone on here who'se propperly heard my setup in the lupo, and most of them won't be able to say they've ever heard a car audio system that sounds better.

Controll is everything... Volume is nothing without it...

maybe you should speak to Noddy1, Garth, db, paulbin, lupogtiboy or many others if you doubt me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i still reckon mine sounds better. fair enough, DLS are a top manufacturer but im running a far better amp than you. Diamond D61000.1 Mono. As for treble and mids, ive got a full Focal setup, and if youre in the know, which it sounds like you are, you'll know what the Focal V165K2Ps and Focal 690CV are capable of. Im running the Alpine 9813 Head Unit with an Alpine H700 Digital sound processor so dont talk to me about quality.

I appreciate the effort though.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

so have we decided whos penis is bigger yet boys? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

not into in car entertainment to be fair prefer to listen to my car and the noise that the engine makes, much more pleasurable! and i find that having music on distracts you when your driving at the limit so pointless. a good set of components with a completely stripped n caged interior would be better if you ask me! but hey each to their own

Edited by scotty

i still reckon mine sounds better. fair enough, DLS are a top manufacturer but im running a far better amp than you. Diamond D61000.1 Mono. As for treble and mids, ive got a full Focal setup, and if youre in the know, which it sounds like you are, you'll know what the Focal V165K2Ps and Focal 690CV are capable of. Im running the Alpine 9813 Head Unit with an Alpine H700 Digital sound processor so dont talk to me about quality.

I appreciate the effort though.

You've got Expensive gear, which is highly rated...

but have you ever thought all that wattage and power and speakers might just make your shoebox of a car implode???

I'm pretty certain theres a point where buying a sound system can become far too much for the car... Anyone in there right mind looking to compete in sound quality events would not have three subs, and if you were REALLY serious about quality - You wouldn't have bought 6x9" co-axail speakers, no matter how much they cost, or how good the manufacture is rated to be...

You stick to what you think, and i'll stick to what i Know.

You've got Expensive gear, which is highly rated...

but have you ever thought all that wattage and power and speakers might just make your shoebox of a car implode???

I'm pretty certain theres a point where buying a sound system can become far too much for the car... Anyone in there right mind looking to compete in sound quality events would not have three subs, and if you were REALLY serious about quality - You wouldn't have bought 6x9" co-axail speakers, no matter how much they cost, or how good the manufacture is rated to be...

You stick to what you think, and i'll stick to what i Know.

I'll tell you what, you stick to keeping your head up your behind and i'll stick to doing my car the way i like. As previously stated by a lot of people, your first comment was far too bold for me to take on your advice.

three million killa-watts smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

you think so small Al , i was thinking three gigawatts laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />