Saz's Raven Loop

DickyP

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent video! car looks so minty.

paintworks come up well! your braver than i am i wouldnt like to risk doing it myself!

Rich said he was going to practice on my dad's lovely Rover 600 ( laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) first so I was a bit scared when he decided not to practice and just go straight in with my Loop ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I've just noticed in the vid you can see the reflection of Matt's Alfa as we whizz past!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a play with a can of paint and the engine cover, nothing amazing..........................bit geeky really eng1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

eng2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

• 3 months later...

Well its been a while since the last update and I was going to wait till E38 but being as my Scottish friend has show his I should show you mine!!!

G60 brakes now on, will sort pics when I fit RC's back on next weekend and the stubby drivers will be fitted to, full electric too.

Any way, Bluloop and I have been in discussion over the months and worked in conjunction to produce another Raven shorty!!

Bumper as donated by Matt

LupoGTI006.jpg

Plate recess reduced by 130mm and damage repaired and in primer.

primer6.jpg

primer1.jpg

Now in paint and fitted.

Bump1.jpg

Bump2.jpg

Bump3.jpg

Bump4.jpg

Bump5.jpg

Bump6.jpg

Let the clean begin for next weekend!!

looks good but can i ask , why did you only smooth out half of the line ?
Looks good Rich :shades:

Im with Craig though why did you delete part of the line.

Oh and beat you :lol::P

Well its like this, I was originally going to use the smashed bumper and the one on the loop. Chop out the section on the battered one and then weld/bond in to original bumper. So I chopped out along the line, then I thought I will just play about on the one bumper as I have never done this before.

Because I chopped through it it was damn near impossible to get a completely smooth and correctly shaped line, so I thought fill line up to the bottom features and smooth it there. Didn't want to remove completely because the line runs around the whole car I thought it would be odd for it to be completely removed.

So reading between the lines it was a cock up!!

But thanks for the kind words. :blush:

And the RC's are off being cleaned, they were taken off for MOT as I didn't trust them to not smack them!!

looks amasing! really like the whole style, especially the interior! can i ask where you sourced your wheels from please??

Waited ages for a set to come up, then a post went on E38 and I bought them over the phone without seeing them!! Needless to say they needed a refurb.

Love your car as always, sorry sarahs car ;)

its the little details like this which should make it stand out at the shows, i love the mods like this which you dont notice straight away, me and mum work at the same place and have the same cars so i park next to hers and its brilliant seeing the lads on break looking at the cars and wondering why mine looks so different :lol:

so whats next? the front?

wayne

Cheers Wayne and who knows what will be next!

I see your making room for a new edition too.

if it was me i would do them mirrors we were talking about at UD it will be a classy and usefull mod :shades:

Im trying to make room for another,i idealy want a 172 or a TT quatro both about same insurance but clio seems more suited to me :huh: , it seems though people on here like looking and not buying so looks like im going to have to return it to standard and sell the bits seperate :( im gutted to be honest if i had the space i would keep it without doubt

good luck with the rest of the mods

wayne

• 3 weeks later...

Been thinking about spacing the rears for a while to get the rear stance right. Bluloop provided 20mm FK hubcentric so I gave them a go.

phatandskin.JPG

Left is standard 35offset right is with 20mm spacer 15mm offset.

phat1.jpg

Also got the 280mm upgrade done,

Before

bbs3.jpg

After

280mm.jpg

And one from the back!!!

intback.jpg

Edited by DickyP

Looks good.

You going to have any trouble with scrubbing?

280s look much better behind the wheels.

On a side note, I see the digging has commenced on the mansion ;)

There could be a little scrubbage we shall have to see how it goes.

Scoff, the fronts are MK4 recaro seats. Easy fit into loops mate, only the slightest need for a grinder. Where abouts are you from?

20mm makes all the difference, brakes and rear stance too. Will keep an eye on how it runs, well Saz will tell me if its making a noise!!!

And yes Joe the West wing has started finally, Saz has commented on the size of the garage footprint!!