147 GTA...

MattyB

:ph34r: Do i spy an Auto delta conversion :P i take it that it was a "regular" 3.2 when your first got it?

That car with that conversion is on my wish list, stunning example you have and what a noise! I bet you never have a smile off your face. :lol:

:ph34r: Do i spy an Auto delta conversion :P i take it that it was a "regular" 3.2 when your first got it?

That car with that conversion is on my wish list, stunning example you have and what a noise! I bet you never have a smile off your face. :lol:

Yep, pretty much the same as the one on Top Gear:

Except I don't have the gash wheels/bumpers ;)

• 2 months later...

Only just noticed this, I knew you had the Alfa but not the Autodelta conversion. I remember the review of this conversion when it first appeared and I so wanted one!

I also remember when having a 2.0 engine is your hot hatch was thought off as quite big, a 3.7 is just silly...and exactly what I would do too.

The noise sounds addictive, I bet the mpg is not too good though.

Awesome and even more special for being different to the normal choice of hot hatch, great colour too.

What does the Autodalta kit consist of?

Well I've only got the Stage1, which is 315bhp - its a rebore to 3.7litres which is, as AD quote "Stage 1: increases engine capacity to 3700cc using 101mm bore forged pistons, gas flowed heads, lightened and balanced engine, factory reprogrammed injection system".

Due to a cock up on their part, I've also got a "Big valve head". I had it on the rolling road at 270bhp@the wheels, but it was far from run in then, I'd not had the engine in long. So I'm hoping a few more should be liberated by now. I was planning on the uprated cams and Ferrari TB, but both of them come to over £3k fitted, and it only gains about 10-15bhp, so its not really worth it...I think I've spent enough!