Philplop's Caddy

Philplop

My Dad's selling his Ram, but liked having a pickup, so he bought a Caddy. Useful for carrying crap in and also to keep me amused.

Picked it up on Thursday afternoon looking like this. Complete with 16" OZ wheels (Boooo)

IMG_1767Medium.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

It had a nice collection of crap in the back, along with some limited edition Rainbow Steelies. And an empty Lambrini bottle.

IMG_1769Medium.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Friday I spent a bit of time with my mate removing the front bumper (harder than I thought), relocating (badly) the indicators and number plate, giving the bed a quick lick of paint, painting the bonnet satin black and tinting the rear light clusters. Added some electrical tape crosshairs on the headlights. Stripped the interior out ready for a good clean in there. Found roughly £1.27. And a mug.

Saturday we gave the steelies a lick of Satin black Hammerite. I sprayed the roof white and put a stencil on the bonnet. Learned some lessons about masking. IMG_1781Medium.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

New lightweight bucket seat fitted:

IMG_1787Medium.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Can you tell what it is yet? May redo this, disappointed at how it came out. Might do a different image. Learnt a couple of lessons for next time.

IMG_1785Medium.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The steelies will go back on tomorrow probably. Coilovers and an axle flip are desperately needed, hopefully will be soon.

Edited by Philplop
  • Like 1

Nope, not Fidel Castro. Any more guesses? It didn't come out too well on the bonnet, dunno if it's because the colours are inversed, but it was easy to see how it was on the stencil.

Buckets from B&Q for about 99p. Bargain if ever I saw one. I didn't put it in there for a joke. I'd parked it in the middle of the drive, then realised I'd have to move it so I could get mine in the garage, hopped in only to remember that I'd taken all the seats out. doh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":doh:" border="0" alt="doh.gif" />

It is pretty straight. Some rust in the usual places, sills, scuttle, etc. But should get these sorted out. Only has 75000 miles at 20 years old.

Can you tell what it is yet?

IMG_1785Medium.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

If that's a clue, Rolf Harris, but I would say it looked more like Bill Oddie.

It wasn't a clue, but I was gonna put Rolf Harris on but couldn't find a decent picture!

If nobody can tell who it is I think I'll have to take it off. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

It wasn't a clue, but I was gonna put Rolf Harris on but couldn't find a decent picture!

If nobody can tell who it is I think I'll have to take it off. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

should we all know who it is though?

gissa clue? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Defo needs a good slamming!

Got to be honest and say i'm not sure about the rat look. I like the roof but not the bonnet. I'm sure it'll look a whole lot better once slammed. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Clue: "Vee have meat here in zee building!"

Is it just the stencil you don't like, or the black bonent? I know rat's not everybodys cup of tea. Nothing on this is permanant and I'm sure there'll be plenty more changes to come. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Glad somebody got it! It'll be coming off though, it came out crap and I made an ar*e of the overspray, so I'll do the bonnet all black again.

Got 3 of the steelies back on today. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Ran out of time before I had to go to work.

Hmm thats different, certainly "got potential". Not sure about John Cleese on the bonnet though blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What you putting in the back, something interesting i hope?

That sounds like you don't like it. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You mean in the bed? Wasn't gonna put anything in for show, cos then it's hard to get sacks of crap in. wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Hopefully will have a roof rack with some crap on.

The rat look probably won't be here to stay, but it gives it a 'look' until we can work on it properly. And I like rat. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Given the inside a good scrub out too, nice and clean in there now.

Insurance is still lots. DSC_3288-1Medium.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The stencil that I used for the bonnet.

Basil.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

On wednesday I'll probably redo the bonnet and have another general clean up.

Oh, and may have to get my friend A. Grinder to help taking the rear bumper off. twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

That sounds like you don't like it. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You mean in the bed? Wasn't gonna put anything in for show, cos then it's hard to get sacks of crap in. wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Hopefully will have a roof rack with some crap on.

The rat look probably won't be here to stay, but it gives it a 'look' until we can work on it properly. And I like rat. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Given the inside a good scrub out too, nice and clean in there now.

Nah I do like it, its just there isnt much to like at the moment!

Oh right i see, using it properly for moving crap around!

I think you should put a bench seat in it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think you should put a bench seat in it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It does unbolt, but I'm buggered if I can do it, it'd pretty awkward to get at and the bolts are seized. Looking on the Caddy forum it's quite common that people have to grind them off.

Have been looking for new mirrors on ebay. Was going to get some that clamp to the rain gutters, but then my Dad pointed out it'd be difficult to open the doors. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />