Philplop's Caddy

Philplop

Stunning wub.gif

Love everythin you have done to the caddy so far smile.gif

Keep up the strong work.

Thanks boys and girls!

Yeah, really pleased with the colour now I've seen it polished and out in the sun.

Black fake suede headliner is in, brown carpet almost in, tan leather scirocco seats waiting. Doorcards are being done in the fake suede too, as I couldn't find any leather to match the seats. Will see how it looks, can always change bits like that easily enough later.

Cheers match, but seats are sorted! :)

It's a 1.6 diesel powerhouse!

I think you are Jon! Not that we could see much sitting on the floor. :lol:

Well Matt, inspiring people is just what I do on a daily basis. :lol:

Unfortunatley we've started on project "sort out that sh*thole of a garage" so I can't work on the caddy again just yet, but I'll be on it again as soon as I can.

Good going Phil, mine is still way way off! we only just started the welding and so far have found a load of rot in the rear arches and the bed is Kippered! New arch and sill is tacked in place on the rear right and the bed is also cut out now too..

Mine looks like this:

GetAttachment-13aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-7aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-1aspx-1.jpg

A long way to go yet!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Recently started to get into mountain biking a bit, so built a bike rack for the Caddy. Holds 5 bikes.

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

Then got some raised topmounts from Coltech Classics and got the chassis notched. These two mods have improved the ride and comfort massively. It is way nicer to drive now. No constant scraping on the driveshafts and it has a bit of travel in the suspension. And I could go a lot lower if I wanted to. Mega pleased with them.

IMG_1440.jpg

Now I just need to get my arse in to gear and get a front bumper, fit a stereo and get something with a poke under the bonnet. :D

Recently started to get into mountain biking a bit, so built a bike rack for the Caddy. Holds 5 bikes.

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

Then got some raised topmounts from Coltech Classics and got the chassis notched. These two mods have improved the ride and comfort massively. It is way nicer to drive now. No constant scraping on the driveshafts and it has a bit of travel in the suspension. And I could go a lot lower if I wanted to. Mega pleased with them.

IMG_1440.jpg

Now I just need to get my arse in to gear and get a front bumper, fit a stereo and get something with a poke under the bonnet. :D

and fit a CL splitter.

Looks much better that little bit lower, you should drive it to mine!

Maybe I will Chris! Need to take it out of MOT mode though, it's currently back on standard top mounts with mega reverse rake and has big indicators cable tied to the grille.

The Lupo certainly is still there, sorted all the brakes out the other day, just need to bleed them and I can drop it onto it's freshly refurbed silver Bathursts.

Wanna buy it?

• 4 weeks later...

Front bumper on. Really finishes off the front end, chuffed with it. :)

Raised the suspension up a bit to a more practical height. Still not sure how long the duckbill will last though.

E6787A3B-9288-42BC-8F5C-BA2F746A811F-2121-0000032D560B4B69.jpg

• Like 1