Now they want to ban photography

Putney

That is ridiculous. Basically if you want to take photos in public you need an ID card. No doubt there's a few dodgy people out there, but that's the world we live in. What gets me with all these planned laws is they try and prevent the actions of the minority, by restricting the majority.

A few years back, I once thought it would be a good idea to photograph the head office of the Royal Bank of Scotland while it was being constructed (at the Gyle in Edinburgh). Turns out it wasn't a good idea...

this is pretty much unenforcable like a lot of the badly planned laws that seem to be getting pushed through, how do they intend to stop people taking a photo? next time I'm up in the lake district and want to photo the lovely views do I have to watch out for the local bobby in his landrover to make sure I'm not about to be arrested...

also what will happen to the 'picture of the day' thread? will if have to become the doodle of the day thread???

This wouldn't be as nice to look at would it???

censored.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Arosa_03

that site is hilarious

replace the national anthem with 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet - 4412 signatures

I've signed that one.

Incidentally, I see Australia are banning the sale of traditional household lightbulbs. I have a petition on there somewhere asking President Blair to ban the sale of things like that.

found it, http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/banthebadstuff

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a fast car and all that. I'm just sick of the Government using all this **** to rake money in. They were quick enough to ban beef on the bone.

Edited by IDGM

that site is hilarious

replace the national anthem with 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet - 4412 signatures

I signed that one too!

The petition on here is a pile of ***** if you ask me

my dads the chairman for a camera club and one of the guys he knows had his camera taken off him by the police as somebody said to them that he was taking pics of a child , was he feck , he was taking pics of a performer on the street and there was a kid in the very bottom corner out of focus yet the police still confiscated his camera

my dads the chairman for a camera club and one of the guys he knows had his camera taken off him by the police as somebody said to them that he was taking pics of a child , was he feck , he was taking pics of a performer on the street and there was a kid in the very bottom corner out of focus yet the police still confiscated his camera

Thats awesome. lol!

You have got to be kidding me... What the hell is the government coming to..

Granted I don't tak alot of pictures but when I do it's of holidays and moment you want to remember. I thought thats what camaras are for?!

Dipsticks glare.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":glare:" border="0" alt="glare.gif" />

You have got to be kidding me... What the hell is the government coming to..
There has been nothing put forward to suggest anything like this will take place.

The guy who started the thing has made a statement Here

coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />