bye bye lupo

little becky

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> well i have a confession. The lupo is going im affraid to say. As much as i love the loop i have 2 think about the baby now.

I am going to be getting a c2 VTR go on roll on with all the comments lol.

I shall still be able 2 drive the octavia around as im insured now!!! 8)

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> well i have a confession. The lupo is going im affraid to say. As much as i love the loop i have 2 think about the baby now.

Get the C2 GT, the VTR's flappy**** gearbox is rubbish.

c2's are ****. my sister had one and i used to drive it a bit.

i used to have a saxo vts, that was so much fun to drive, and went like **** off a shovel.

the c2 seems to have lost that and feels big and bulky. on the plus side, it has lost the "made of kitkat wrapper" feel of the saxo.

personally i wouldn't spend my own hard earned cash on one.

Edited by Adam K

is a c2 going to be much bigger then a lupo?

Probably not, theres certainly less headroom and rear seat space. The boot is *slightly* bigger I'd say, but there can't be much in it.

The gearbox in the VTR is so jerky and useless that you better make sure the babies head is fully restrained!

I've got no particular problem with the C2, I actually quite like the design and its cheapyness, but there are better cars on the market.

we got a pram and wont go in the loop boot so it would have 2 go on the front seat as i can not deactivate passenger air bag. Got the c2 as the deal was great, can turn air bag on and off and fit my pram in the boot. Besides if i wnat abit of fun i am now insured on my bf's octavia vrs!!!

we got a pram and wont go in the loop boot so it would have 2 go on the front seat as i can not deactivate passenger air bag. Got the c2 as the deal was great, can turn air bag on and off and fit my pram in the boot. Besides if i wnat abit of fun i am now insured on my bf's octavia vrs!!!

one thing i will warn you is even when the pass air bag is deactivated it has been known before in some cases for them to still be activated in a crash so just make sure the seat is as far back as possible etc

the c2's arent a bad car to be fair you could have chosen a lot worse and there is good deals on them when looking about so im guessing you got a good part ex deal etc so good luck with the car

wayne

Your getting rid of the Loop because of the baby, fair enough... But your replacing it with a car that is less safe in an accident? blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

to be honest they're pretty similar for crash safety, the c2 scoring a slightly higher frontal impact result.

If the lupo was fitted with side airbags the side impact result of the lupo would be stronger however. (they got the same side impact result C2 has side airbags as standard, Lupo tested did not)

Seems fair enough. I'm not a great fan of C2's but I can see why you've gone for it.

Pete

I've been secretly harbouring thoughts of looking at C2's myself (secondhand) to replace my Lupo. Nothing as exotic as a VTR, a Furio 1.4 would do. I had a sneaky peek at one of the knockdown price 107's on Saturday, it was crap.

Can't belive you are getting rid of a lupo for a C2 cause you have a baby! I have a two and a half year old wee boy and my second baby is due in March! And to solve the problem with the pram not fitting in the boot i'm going for a roof box !

hmmm suppose carrying a step wouldn't be that handy really ! Well if i was to get a bigger car i'd probably stick to vw but each to their own - hope you don't miss lupo too much and it's good you have a faster/bigger car to use ! I used to have a peugeot 306 gti-6 to play with which always seemed to surprise guys up here !

Don't quite understand how buying an even smaller car, that costs more to buy, more to insure, and more to run is going to help a baby...

I had a look at a vtr and it was much more difficult to fit a car seat in due to the rear arm rests etc that stick out more than the lupo. As for boot space ,they are both crap but I can get our M+P four wheeler in the lupo with wheels off, as for our three wheeled push chair that really only fits in the passat if we are to get anything else in. Think carefully before buying a C2, they'll lose money quick and while the sensodrive wasn't as bad as I'd head reliablility could be a problem in a few years.

The only thing i think about with the sensodrive thing is if Aston Martin couldn't get it right on there 100k cars how on earth are Citroen going to get it right on a 10k sardine can?

The only thing i think about with the sensodrive thing is if Aston Martin couldn't get it right on there 100k cars how on earth are Citroen going to get it right on a 10k sardine can?

The truth is, they didn't.

I think the C2 is a fine little city car, it does the job. But THAT gearbox in the VTR is shocking. The GT/VTS's manual is so much better.

Other than that, the VTR is entertaining enough.