MK2 Arosa Wiper Blades

Arosa_03

I went Halfords and looked up there Bosche manual for Lupo and Arosa.

I think it stated Lupo 19/21 and Arosa 19/19. No listing for the GTi (I was looking for aero blades).

I bought Polo (MK5?) aero blades which are 19/21 and they are fine.

Ray

I bought a two pack of wipers from tesco for £3.50 the last time biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Both blades were 21" but they fit perfectly, I'm not sure if it will affect the motor, but i doubt it. They are not too bad quality as well and even if they don`t last as long I`ll happily buy 4 sets for less than ones from the likes of halfords biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Only the best genuine VW ones for mine biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Your tesco ones wont have a curved passenger one will it?

Chris

Nope, but it still cleans the window the same as the foctory one that came off biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

even better deal, wilko, 2.50 for the pair, lol. better than halfords, i'll never trust them conning b****** after i went in for blades for my mr2 and they said id need a 3rd for my rear window!!!

i had to actually take the lad to the car park to prove that the window was bout 8 inchs high and had no wiper, his reply was that he thought i was on about an mx-5, and when i said convertibles dont have rear wipers he said mx-5s arent convertibles, bunch of muppets, wouldnt trust them with anything.

the passenger side is 19", but its a curved blade... you may find a standard straight blade may cause noise / smearing / uneaven coverage.

Arosa03 - if you EVER need any parts, let me know first... since your only up the road i'll be able to do you decent prices etc

i've got a spare 19" curved wiper that you can have if you find the one you have ordered noisy / problematic

Cheers Al, I did consider PM'ing you but didn't know how open you were to 'small orders'

the blades have turned up - but at a place I only work at wed/thur/fri so I'll have to wait until then to test the passenger side one out. Cheers for the offer if it's not right.

N.P

Give us a shout if their not rite

Quick update - wiper blades are on and thoroughly tested in the nasty cold weather, all seems fine with them, passenger side has enough curve to sweep every thing, they're certainley more efficient than the old ones

so far a big thumbs up.

• 4 weeks later...

arosa 03, do you get any smears on the windscreen on the drivers side? the thing is i'm on my second set of these as they replaced them the first time but they still do it. the guy reckons is could be the spring in the wiper arm.

let me know if you have same problem cheers craig

arosa 03, do you get any smears on the windscreen on the drivers side? the thing is i'm on my second set of these as they replaced them the first time but they still do it. the guy reckons is could be the spring in the wiper arm.

It could be that you've got a straight blade on, instead of a curved one.

I do get a slight smear around where the wiper arm meets the screen, but that's only at motorway speeds, and stops before it gets in the line of sight. the passenger side is fine.

have you tried gently bending the arm towards the screen to try and apply more pressure?

My wipers have always been rubbish at motorway speeds, with a bouncing effect near the top of the screen at the drivers side. Once it gets so far down the screan its fine.

I thought it might be a weight/spring problem, with the wind lifting the wiper slightly where the window curves. I had the standard wiper blades on before, which had a curve on them, but I`m using Tescos £.99 ones now, and I`m seeing now difference at all. They might wear more, but for the price its not a worry.

Edited by Verbal

Only the best genuine VW ones for mine biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Your tesco ones wont have a curved passenger one will it?

Chris

hahaha snap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Genuine vw but only 6.99 and they have that dot that tell you when to change lol

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some of these and have the same problem, small patch on drivers side just below line of sight. Not enough to annoy me though, plus they look much better than the originals. Wouldn't mind curing it though if someone has got any ideas.