Castrol Edge 5W30 Engine Oil

http://tinyurl.com/fo7eb

Castrol Edge 5W30

400-251215.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Latest technology and specific formulation for modern Audi and VW engines. Cleaner for longer - providing low emissions

# Latest anti-wear technology improves protection

# Increases protection for all VW and Audi vehicles

# Specially developed for VW and Audi cars including those on Longlife service

# Reduces environmental impact through low emissions

# Reduces engine wear - peace of mind against breakdown

# Delivers reduced cost of ownership through extended service intervals

# Consistently high fuel economy under most driving conditions

# Available in 1 litre and 4 litre packs

Has anyone used this and/or can recommend this?

the lupo is the only one of the "current" vw's not to have longlife servicing.

vw specify castrol slx longlife oil for their services, which is available as a 0w-30 in longlife 2 guise, but is also available as slx longlife 3 which is 5w-30.

i beleive 1 litre bottles of the longlife oil are cheaper from vw than the edge stuff from halfrauds.

http://tinyurl.com/fo7eb

Castrol Edge 5W30

400-251215.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Latest technology and specific formulation for modern Audi and VW engines. Cleaner for longer - providing low emissions

# Latest anti-wear technology improves protection

# Increases protection for all VW and Audi vehicles

# Specially developed for VW and Audi cars including those on Longlife service

# Reduces environmental impact through low emissions

# Reduces engine wear - peace of mind against breakdown

# Delivers reduced cost of ownership through extended service intervals

# Consistently high fuel economy under most driving conditions

# Available in 1 litre and 4 litre packs

Has anyone used this and/or can recommend this?

from the description i though you worked for them!! lol 42 quidish for this stuff i think very expensive id go to the dealer for there own brand stuff because it is slightly cheaper

Thats all bull. Oil all comes out of the one place, the only difference between the oils might be the colour and the most important thing is the Price Tag i've tried castrol , duchams and other types, there's no difference in them. Sure your fella "eXXXtreme arosa" is going through a bood bit of oil, it wont make any difference, its not gonna be in the engine for too long.

Edited by seanmooney17

oil is not all the same, why do you think its graded? the 'w' number is its viscosity when its cold and the other number when warm (iirc!). longlife oil has been specifically developed to last over longer periods of time without degrading.

Thats all bull. Oil all comes out of the one place, the only difference between the oils might be the colour and the most important thing is the Price Tag i've tried castrol , duchams and other types, there's no difference in them. Sure your fella "eXXXtreme arosa" is going through a bood bit of oil, it wont make any difference, its not gonna be in the engine for too long.

I dont think you understand oil at all then do you ???

Do you know what "grades" are?

Do you know what the different "specifications" are ?

if not, before making comments like that, you need to have a word with "Oilman" on the punto forums...

longlife oil has been specifically developed to last over longer periods of time without degrading.

It also contains specific additives and detergants that help keep the oil seals in prime condition, and it is believed that using the long life oils can even prolong your engine life !

All oil is most definately not the same. In a years time ill be starting a career as a chemical engineer, so it better not all bloody be, otherwise it's a boring life for me lol.

Personally I use Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40. I believe the newer 5W-30 stuff for VW's is for those on long-life servicing. Shell do their own version in fact.

But I chose the 5W-40, as it passes all VW specifications for non longlife cars, such as the Lupo.

Look on the back of the oil

All the lupo needs is VW 500.01 and 500.02... but I believe the shell stuff as does the castrol 10W-40 goes up to 500.05 so is fine for the loop. and 500.05 means its based on more modern VW specifications.

It is fully synthetic meaning it has being specially designed as an engine oil - quicker to heat up, etc etc... and the 40 as opposed to the 30, means that in high temperature/load conditions it becomes more runny, which is perfect for a "don't produce any power till you floor it" 1.4 sport lol. the 5 means that its pretty good on cold start-up in the winter 2!

Plus yes thats not all... it has detergents in it to get the crap out of the engine left by inferior oils tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Pete

Edited by Petes 16V Sport