Just ordered a Fabia vRS

Babs

hope you know the replacement is ready to come out (another thread has the pics) and the market is slow especially at christmas and new year so you should have got an amazing deal, a decent way south of £11k

Can get one for £11k without even trying, dc cook has new ones in stock last month with a few extras for £11195 on the road and that was before the new model pictures etc were released. December is the slowest month of the year (people waiting for a next year model car and paying for christmas first etc.)

quick search shows delivery milage pre-registered 2006 cars with metalic and a few extras in stock at dealerships for £10,995, should be able to knock them down a bit too.

Edited by Crusoe

Agreed, dealer I spoke to a month or two ago was well aware of the new model coming up next year and haggling wasn't a problem, I'd be looking at those options chucked in for free, at least.

Congrats though, not a bad little car.

Agreed, dealer I spoke to a month or two ago was well aware of the new model coming up next year and haggling wasn't a problem, I'd be looking at those options chucked in for free, at least.

Congrats though, not a bad little car.

But surely the prices should stay steady with the state of the new model... its an absolute mess!

Maybe i'll pick up a second hand one if they all come down though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I got a decent deal, £12500, with mudflaps, mats, headlamp protectors and a full tank.

£900 of options so that's £11400 for the car. Not bad since you can get 04 plates with no options for £10,995

I got a decent deal, £12500, with mudflaps, mats, headlamp protectors and a full tank.

£900 of options so that's £11400 for the car. Not bad since you can get 04 plates with no options for £10,995

minimum £500 over the odds there sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> have you put down a deposit? If it was me i'd go back to the dealer with proof of the new model coming soon, the price of new cars you've found (£11K is easily achievable) and see if he can match them - or pull out and loose your deposit if it isn't that big.

Other tip woudl be always to do a deal at the end of the month, could make thousands of pounds worth of difference to their bonus figures especially at year end and your one sale coudl swing it even if they sold for a loss.

as long as you're happy Babs, thats all that counts!

sounds like a nice motor to me, i'm looking forward to seeing it at a no-rice soon!

Not bad since you can get 04 plates with no options for £10,995

Pretty much what i was saying a while ago, but i was instantly dismissed since i know feck all and crusoe knows the economic paterns of every single road car ever produced, weather it be in production, or second hand...

Edited by nfbr

yeah, £500 deposit.

I'm happy with what I paid, still over £1000 less than list price, and I get the car I want.

For £11k you can get used ones, so they're not gonna sell a new one for that!

If you happy then its all that matters. It really depends on the dealer, some need the sale more than others and I think you've done fairly well.

Pretty much what i was saying a while ago, but i was instantly dismissed since i know feck all and crusoe knows the economic paterns of every single road car ever produced, weather it be in production, or second hand...

All I can say is that this close to christmas many dealers will be biting your hand off for a new car sale, while I'd say 11k is somewhat optomistic, I'd aim for that and end up paying around 11,500-12k. In late October when I chatted figures with a dealer (a small place, somewhat in the back end of beyond) they were very keen, this of course varies over the country, but it can be worth shopping around the local area.

no offence but its hardly anything special...

Its a boring silver vrs, with Porsche wheels, lowered and tints... why VWUK's product manager would want pics of that i do not know.

With the remap and the brakes it is stunning to drive. And it is seriously low. Was dodging pine cones while driving it; that might be what grabbed his attention.

Deek.

Edited by dxg

like I said, I'm happy with the deal, list price of ~£13,500 + the delivery pack (mats, flaps, headlamp protectors & fuel).

was given £12,900 one day, them came back in the next, spoke to the sales manager and got it for less, with more stuff thrown in smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

the dealer I went to actually had an 05 plate sat in the forecort with no factory options for £11,495 as well as an 04 plate for £10,995. I didn't do too badly, really smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

like I said, I'm happy with the deal, list price of ~£13,500 + the delivery pack (mats, flaps, headlamp protectors & fuel).

was given £12,900 one day, them came back in the next, spoke to the sales manager and got it for less, with more stuff thrown in smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

the dealer I went to actually had an 05 plate sat in the forecort with no factory options for £11,495 as well as an 04 plate for £10,995. I didn't do too badly, really smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Like Andy said, the most important thing is you're happy and have got the motor you wanted. Sounds nice. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />