Lupo GTI Turbo conversion

Tigz™

thanks buddy, glad you found the thread!

No more progress, i'm away for a course with work this week, but i'm going to try to get up to the car in the next couple of weekends.

Cant wait though, exciting work is next, body work and such.

John is going to make a start on the wiring so hope to be able to start the engine soon.

Been practicing welding, still rubbish at it but its good enough for what i have to do lol

love the wheels :D you know you wanna have the lip polished

I really do, I just dont want to be the one who does it!

If I'm not around to watch a program, it'll be repeated on sky for the next 10+ years anyway to whats the need to record it?

Sky+ my ass. :rolleyes:

Tigz, can't wait to see this late next year when im passed :) looks sweet already mate :P

any plans on colour coding the centres of the wheels? however the stefans do look good standard :)

keep up the good work mate :) this will be an awesome machine :D:lol:

any plans on colour coding the centres of the wheels?

I'd like to, Im just not sure how easy it'd be with them being one piece, as the dish behind the spokes are visable also so I dont know if I can be arsed to have to remove the wheels once a week to clean them.

Good choice ;)

Thanks again for the heads up Gav, really really chuffed with them.

Think the wheels will look fantastic especially with nines on the rear. Would look great with a purple face, silver detail between the spokes and a polished lip ;). Hurry up and get this on the road :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wheels are packed, tools are in the car early night then a drive to Scotland at 4am.

Got tomorrow off work, but luckily the Scots are too tight to take a day off work so the garage is open.

Plan is, remove the power steering components, fit the drive shafts and flare the wheel arches ready for the wheels.

Also need to get all the audio cables laid before the interior goes in.

Need to come home tomorrow night (its the wifes birthday tomorrow - oops!) But will try to make the trip again Monday.

I need to bring the other wheels down so they can be sold so I can get that rear beam off Craig.