Lupo Anti-Roll Bar

wright

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im unsure it would even fit.

It was pretty tight with the 21mm 22mm one I fitted.

The pic shows a pic of a rear one also?

That was my issue with it, as I had a look underneath and there didn't seem to be much of gap between the floorpan and the exhaust.

Surely there would be an advantage in having Eibach/H&R etc arb, even if it is the same mm?

I read on here before that a few people have put on uprated ARB's and noticed no difference.

I've never see any of these comments...

I upgraded from a standard one to an eibach one and the difference is easily noticable, even without throwing the car about.

Ive been thinking about upgrading my ARB for a while now, im going to measure mine and see what size that

1.0 has 18mm

TDI has 18mm

Sport has 20mm

GTI has 22mm

Surely there would be an advantage in having Eibach/H&R etc arb, even if it is the same mm?

The eibach one is Tempered Steel IIRC so is naturally a little more rigid.

also upon measuring my eibach one with a verneer caliper, i found it to be 22.5mm...

Edited by nfbr

I've never see any of these comments...

I upgraded from a standard one to an eibach one and the difference is easily noticable, even without throwing the car about.

1.0 has 18mm

TDI has 18mm

Sport has 18mm

GTI has 22mm

Lupo Cup racers have 25mm... (Part number is on etka - Ask dash for details)

The eibach one is Tempered Steel IIRC so is naturally a little more rigid.

also upon measuring my eibach one with a verneer caliper, i found it to be 22.5mm...

Sports are 20mm according to etka and the yellow marked one was 22mm so that must have been the gti arb. unless you are sure otherwise al.

Sports are 20mm according to etka and the yellow marked one was 22mm so that must have been the gti arb. unless you are sure otherwise al.

thats the one... 20 and 22mm...

the last sport i measured up had the 18mm one on, altho that was an x plate one... get under youirs and have a look mate

bare in mind that a seriously lowered car will make contact with the arb on the chassis legs as it comes up over then out to the wishbone bush mount. so a 50mm one will definately rub.

1.0 has 18mm

TDI has 18mm

Sport has 18mm

GTI has 22mm

Why does my TDi roll less than my 1.0 and both roll considerabley less than jon_273's 1.4 SE

I thought the TDi must have a stronger ARB but it seems not, does it have stronger front springs?

If not i dont see why it should handle any differently but it does, it handles great, doesnt roll much and grips loads, whereas my 1.0 runs out of grip well before the TDi does. If it just the heavier engine?

Cheers, Chris

i tryed to fit a gti one and give up as could not for the life of me get the drop links on blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

so its an other job to add to the list

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Edited by noddy1

Sorry to back track here...

If your going to uprate the ARB its worth geting uprated ARB mount bushes (ie Powerflex) and maby also uprate all the subframe bushes which you can also get from powerflex, can recomend them, we use them on all our racers!

I looked on the Powerflex site and searched for Lupo and they only list wishbone bushes. So I looked at the Arosa and there's everything on there. BUT, all of the Arosa bushes are listed as the same as the MK4 Golf part numbers. So I sent an email to Powerflex...

"I have a 1999 VW Lupo and heard that full kits were available.

However, when I compare the Lupo bushes with the Seat Arosa/Golf IV bushes, I see that there is a better range for the Arosa which is the same as the Lupo. Would the Arosa parts fit?"

And here is the reply from Powerflex...

"Thank you for your enquiry

Unfortunately we have not seen a Lupo so I do not know if it is the same

We have a VW CD which I will have to check for

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information"

So far, I haven't heard back, but how likely is it that the Arosa and MK4 Golf share all their bushes and the Lupo is different and not fully catered for?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...