Ebay Feedback

Tigz™

angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

To Ebay

I paid for a item straight after I won it.

The item was listed as £25 postage.

When it arrived in the post, the postage stamp showed it was only £10.

As the seller had already informed me via email that he had sold more than one of these, so he must have known the postage price.

I emailed him and requested a credit as it was against Ebay rules to deliberately over charge on postage.

He replied and politely told me 'tough luck'

I left him neutral feedback, to which today I have seen he has left me negative feedback.

I believe this is completely unfair, why should I be penalised when he is breaking the rules?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=140055404885

Feedback I left him: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...userid=degs1234

Feedback he left me: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...serid=lupo_tigz

Would ebay remove it?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pretty bad craic. I'm not entirely sure but I have a feeling that eBay themselves like to have nothing to do with feedback and therefore may not intervene - I could well be wrong though. The other option is for you both to mutually withdraw the feedback (I have had to do this in the past). This leaves the comments for others to see, but removes the negative score and would restore you to 100% again. But looks like this might not be viable in your situation - mine was a genuine mistake and was all resolved.

I think you can appeal to ebay and they arbitraite and you both have to agree to withdraw feedback.

But I agree its s**t I bought something and it never arrived emailed the seller at least ten times told me it was posted back to them, never came then they ignored my emails, ended up making a claim through paypal and get half my money back, left them neg feedback due to the poor comms, lack of item and only getting half my money back and they left me neg as they were out of pocket mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

no longer registered but i am stuck with the negative feedback through no fault of my own, w****rs

If I was forced to leave negative feedback, I'd wait right until the cut off date to leave it. Chances are they won't leave feedback until you have. If you time it right it'll be too late for them to retaliate. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

But seriously, he's well out of order posting a negative. Just think how much profit he must make with the amount of stuff he sells. Good for you on highlighting his profiteering. TBH, having a neg is annoying, but any sensible eBayer will read the comments relating to the neg and instantly see it's not justified. If anything it may harm his reputation with his attitude.

Feedback is used in retaliation a lot of the time, which is unfair. Sellers should leave feedback before the buyer, usually as soon as payment is recieved, as that is the buyers end of the deal done.

To be fair though, it's not just the actual postage cost that you're paying for. It has to cover packaging materials, packaging time, costs travelling to the post office, time travelling to the post office. If he only charged the precise amount he was paying to post it, he'd be making a loss on postage.

Upping the cost of packing is OK if it's legitimate to cover the cost of just getting to the post office etc. However, feedback should always be poitive from a seller if the payment is received promptly after the auction ends. I've had similar when I've been pissed about by the seller not providing items as described. That's left me with negative feedback!!!

Edited by IDGM

Feedback is used in retaliation a lot of the time, which is unfair.

Very true, the bumper I bought which I later sold you. I asked him before I bid if it had any scratches and if so how bad. He said slight and normal car polish would sort it. When I got it it was worse than mine and kept pestering me for feedback even though he never left any himself. Probably full knowingly I was gonna leave bad remarks. So in the end it was stalemate...

if it said the P&P was £25 then i don't see what the issue is. You knew how much it was going to be so you don't have any room for complaint IMO. It's the total cost of the item that matters so you should have bidded lower if you weren't happy with the final total. I'd udually make the delivery even on something small £5, it's the hassle of going to the post office, wrapping etc. even though the postage cost might be half that.

Your missing the point.

The rules state your not to add extra cost to postage charges.

If he wants to cover his cost thats what a reserve price is for.

£15 profit on a £25 cost is a piss take, rules are rules, if the seller doesn't like it thats his problem, not mine.

not really, if you've bid for an item you agree to pay the postage costs.

if you'd bought something from me, paid, and I'd sent it, and you wanted a postage refund because you thought it was too expensive, I'd tell you where to go.

it's postage, packing, and handling charges. if he wants to charge £15 for packing and handling, that's his business.

ok so how long does it take you to wrap something up find/buy a box, tape etc. drive to the post office and back.

for me from my house you would have a 18 mile drive (average car is 50p/mile so say £10) £2 on box and tape, 30min of my time (at least £50) i could easily justify over £50 before i even got to the post office. I would give someone negative feedback if they complained about something that was already agreed on like P&P.

Your two are talking out your arses.

Like I said, the item came in the items box.

there wasn't any packaging.

He lives close to a large town.

If it cost him £15 to drive it to be posted, hes driving Clarksons GT40!

Wonder who else rips people off on postage then.

just face it, Tigz, you're the one who's talking out of their ass!

perhaps he had to lose a client that day to post it. just an example.

you've not really got any grounds to complain if you've already paid! lol

So I paid.

After I paid I found out it cost £15 less than he charged me.

He'd already said he knew how much it would have cost!

Why am I wrong?

Because its fine to break the rules?

You keep telling yourself that Babs.

if you didn't like the postage before you can ask the question. I've had that before with larger things where i had given a courier cost but the person wanted to use their own preferred courier who was cheaper so i gave them that option plus my costs. Once you've paid you have agreed to the terms. You should withdraw your comment and see if the guy will take your apology and remove his.

if he knew how much it cost *him* to post it, then surely he's charged you the correct amount.

he's not broken any rules, he's charged what he deems to be appropriate. if you didn't think it was appropriate, why did you bid?

it's your own fault.

like others have sais,you agreed to pay the postage he was asking so i don't see why he should refund you.

i bought a webcam on ebay last week for 88p but the postage was £8.88 and it stated in the auction if you are not happy with this don't bid,didnt bother me one bit but i read through the sellers feedback and he had people whinging about his postage costs rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> some people want something for nothing laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

In the past when I have sold things on ebay i have listed the postage price as something i'd expect it to be, say for a t- shirt I would put £2.50, and yeah, i might make like 40p on that, but thats unintentional.

Taking a step back from the situation though.. The seller is in the wrong. As said before it lists in ebay rules that postage is not by any means a way to make profit...

...And £15 for a handling fee... what a load of *****! If he lives 20miles from the post office thats his problem.. not the buyers!