Youngest lupo gti driver

luke

Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!!

They let you insude wheels ONLY!! - Not lowering in any way, not de-locking, not anything!!

Then they went on to tell me that they had never given me allowance on the wheels that I had as a free mod!

CIS tel me that they will not insure any mod!!

ok guess i wont go with cis then lol. tried tesco and it was roughly same as cis quote. I would only plan to lower it, BMC induction and exhaust. any one had any dealings with tesco?

Cheers for the replys

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was with them a couple of year ago when I had my accident. They collected the car next day, informed me it was written off and made me the offer the day after, and I received my cheque in the post another 3 days after that! Pretty good service! Also had a windscrren replaced with them and it was all delat with quickly and efficiently.

Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!! Don't go with CIS!!

They let you insude wheels ONLY!! - Not lowering in any way, not de-locking, not anything!!

Then they went on to tell me that they had never given me allowance on the wheels that I had as a free mod!

CIS tel me that they will not insure any mod!!

the 106 i had before my lupo was with CIS and was lowered, wheels, exhaust, induction kit, and some exterior smoothing and CIS were fine with it - wanted a bit more £££ but still insured me at 17

im 19 and i pay 1000 quid. had a policy on my rosa that cost 700, coughed up for that, then 2 months in changed policy for my gti and it cost me 300 extra including all admin n stuff. very good deal i thought. hell of an excess though... 500 quid. but i can live with it. am i the yougest you reckon? i was 19 for 3 months when i bought my gti. and im insured with directline too so i dont know why others were told no by big companies.

no u can't be i am i was 18 and 6 months when i got mine lol

zurich are expensive so dont go with them, they nearly didnt insure me after i had declared the mods that ive done on mine, also its gone up to about 500 quid... im nearly thirty one as well sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

only reason didnt change it is i left it to the last min to shop around..

I had my GTi when i was 18, insured with Tesco on my own name fully comp for 1500, went down to 900 after the first year, am now 19, nearly 20 and am getting a TT.

p.s i work for Tesco

How did you get it with Tesco, thast not fair sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> they said i had to be over 21 to insure mine with them.

Even though you work for them surley they cant bend that rule? thats cheeky.

Im 20 in Jan and paying silly amounts to insure mine...

nope i didnt bend the rules, this was a year ago, just recently i have found that a lot of insurance companies have stamped down with age limits ect, tesco wont insure me on a TT untill im 25, so im having to go with budget, they came up top on moneysupermarket.com

Agreed Do not go with CIS theyre con artists they let me take out a policy that allowed mods then when i fitted some and tryed to declare them, they said "we do not allow mods so your insurance will be invalid"

im 19 and insured with admiral on my arosa and so far theyve been brilliant, when i was looking into a gti they gave me a quote of £2100 on a gti which i think was quite reasonable looking back

also Jen off here is with Admial with her Gti and i think Joe aslo is with his Gti so i would definately try them

Try confused.com its a brilliant site and you pay no extra for going through them

wayne

I have found bell to be the cheapest of all the admiral group companies.

They were 300 cheaper on all the cars I am looking at than my previous best, elephant.

eg. Lupo gti 1000

Fabia VRS 980

Clio 182 1700

I am 20 with 1 years ncb, driveway, 2 claims dry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> , student.

nope i didnt bend the rules, this was a year ago, just recently i have found that a lot of insurance companies have stamped down with age limits ect, tesco wont insure me on a TT untill im 25, so im having to go with budget, they came up top on moneysupermarket.com

I see, well you were lucky you got in when you did! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

When are you getting your TT?

last year it cost me 650, but this year its crashed down to 500 quidly with direct line(im 22). got 3yncb and got a crappy sp30 with 4 points. didnt make that much difference with the fine really.i hate insurance tho. think they're all money robbin poo heads!

agreed! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> 1.0ltr polo l was 1261 then three months later upgraded to the arosa that was another 400 standard 1.4 sport this year 1300, 1ncd, 6 modifications, induction kit, stereo system, wheels, coilies, zorst and uprated brakes. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

thats with admiral, they replace whats every cheapest to put back on say i damaged 1 wheel i and shock in an accident they would replace them with the same aftermarket parts as its cheaper to buy 1 than four new wheels, new shocks and springs. bargin smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> had good dealings so far.

I see, well you were lucky you got in when you did! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

When are you getting your TT?

yeh ,geting my TT as soon as the lupo is sold, although if it donst sell i will have to part ex it, in which case i wont get anywhere near what its worth sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Im 20 at the mo and insurance on the TT is almost half if i was 21.

agreed! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> 1.0ltr polo l was 1261 then three months later upgraded to the arosa that was another 400 standard 1.4 sport this year 1300, 1ncd, 6 modifications, induction kit, stereo system, wheels, coilies, zorst and uprated brakes. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

thats with admiral, they replace whats every cheapest to put back on say i damaged 1 wheel i and shock in an accident they would replace them with the same aftermarket parts as its cheaper to buy 1 than four new wheels, new shocks and springs. bargin smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> had good dealings so far.

now ive been told totally different than you like many others the story i got was

"although you are paying extra to insure the stated modifications i must stress that in the event of a claim the damaged parts will only be replaced with standard factory equiptment and not the listed modified parts"

so think youve got your wires crossed there rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

wayne

Im 18 and i collect my gti 2moz woohooo. the insurance was 1900 quid in my dads name with me as a second driver but i had a mini turbo before it was a 1.4turbo old skool style and it was 1500quid so im chuffed with the gti biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 months later...

I had my arosa at 17 but only a 1.0. As of this weekend i drive a GTi, which means i'm 18 years and 6 months old. Insurance costs me 1300 quid in my mothers name, how chuffed am i biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I sincerely doubt anyone who's 17 will be able to be insured on a Lupo GTi unless they're on their parents insurance and even then it will be silly money. Whilst i don't want to sound like a grandad, there are reasons 17 year olds don't have GTi's.