New motor!

MrStu

Picked up the Arosa on Tuesday, chuffed with it so far, a lot smoother than my old Saxo VTR. More fun to drive too, even if its not as quick in a straight line.

Anyway, on to the pics, will hopefully get to see a few of your motors at meets in the future.

6443front.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

3044rear.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

5973dish.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Got it off a chap on this forum, was never really looking for an Arosa Sport but it caught my eye.

Mate, that looks sweet shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Love the wheels, found yourself a gooden there smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Will have to see it in the flesh soon it think smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

cool youve had a comparison, saxo vtr and sport, which is better, ive been tempted just over on the vtr for my next car, but as youve had exp of both which is better, and have you got any pics of your saxx. thanks

Hopcraft - The saxo feels faster, and is a bit more raw, but I did have an exhaust system and induction kit on that. It's definately faster on the straights in second and third. However I would take the Arosa over the Saxo any idea, its better built, much more refined, and generally a nicer place to be. Looks better to wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Adam - see above, even though the Arosa has more BHP, the saxo has slightly more torque - and you can tell. The 8v seems to produce the beans lower down the rev range and like I said before, hits you more in 2nd and 3rd than the lupo.

odb - Agree, I'm looking in to replacements at the moment, not sure if I will go with black-backed arosa clusters or the cambridge lupo ones.

subtle modder - cheers wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Is that the Leicester one on the 29th matey? Can't make that as I'm away on holiday for the weekend.

Will try and show my face at the MK event though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

very nice looking car mate!

but as for the saxo beening faster i cant see that some how! well i had a lupo sport

same car! and there are loads of saxo vtrs around here (cannock)

and i always was faster then theres!!! and that was when it was standard,

anyways like i said nice motor!!!

Edited by ryan lupo sport

same route as me mate from vtr to lupo/arosa sport. take it yours is a sport. i know they arnt as quick but a lot more fun to drive and no i dont know if the saxo would be quicker.

definatly a step in the right direction. im now hooked but love it. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

also mategood choice of car, love it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by JAM

Mr Max - 7x15 et 35 Fronts,and 8x15 et 25 Rears. 195 45 15 all round.

Ryan - maybe you just rag yours tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

After having the car for just over a week now, I'm still glad I changed. Will feel better once I get the VTR cleaned up and sold though.

Ride is quite harsh over bumpy roads and the rears catch on the arches probably once a day around Milton Keynes... starting to remember where the dodgy dips are in roads though tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Lack of CD player is narking me off, currently trying to decide between a CD changer in the boot, or a dension ICE link for my ipod.

Loving the whole red/black theme, especially inside at night when all the lights/instruments are matching.

Had a few rattles that I originally thought was the dash, but turned out to be the springs/mechanism under the passenger seat - bodged that to keep the damn thing quiet tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Only thing that taps now is some plastic trim in the back somewhere.

Off on a weekend away in the Peak District on Friday so plenty of twisty roads to blast around on biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Have also taken a chunk out of the sump/engine guard ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Did it on one of those parking bay polls when it was in the down position, made such an awful noise, I was shitting it - thought I had ripped the sump off tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Edited by MrStu

Mr Max - 7x15 et 35 Fronts,and 8x15 et 25 Rears. 195 45 15 all round.

thanks for that, you've inspired me for the g/f's car now shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

just 2 more questions, lol, how low is it and does it rub at all?

thanks

Edited by Mr_Max

Max - It's down about 80mm all round. On the whole it does not rub. If you catch a dip in the road, or go over a speedbump too fast - the backs will catch.

I've also caught the front splitter when coming out of this dodgy garage in Egham on Monday - the ramp out of the place was like 45 degrees though.

With people in the back it rubs on small bumps, you have to be careful.

As its only normally me and one passenger in the car its not a big deal, and am managing thus far.

Matt - I bought the car like that from Paul on these forums. So can't take credit for that, he's certainly got taste smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I think if I had to pick the wheels myself though I would go for the same ones, like them a lot. Got the standard kit in the garage but don't think that will be doing back on tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Cheers for the welcome's - hopefully see a few faces at the MK meet in Novemeber.

Stu

Stu - You chose the car, so theres nothing wrong with your taste!

As people have said, the stance is really nice, I'm catching mine on a 60mm drop at the front!?

Just wasnt sure whether you had done anything in a short period of time!? Ive only had my sport for a month, but its undergone a few big changes!!