Yet more German plate stuff...

lupodave

I know this has been done a million times before on here, but I just can't get my head around whether to get them or not. Some say they get away with it, some say they get stopped and given £30/£60 on the spot fines. I just bought some surrounds hoping my original plates would fit but they're too funkin thick! I can't close the clips over the plate. So if I want to wear the surrounds, I need new plates... so do I go full hog German? German with no D banding? Or just a pressed steel plate with the English font?! ARGH!

Help?! Please?

Ta, Dave.

I know this has been done a million times before on here, but I just can't get my head around whether to get them or not. Some say they get away with it, some say they get stopped and given £30/£60 on the spot fines. I just bought some surrounds hoping my original plates would fit but they're too funkin thick! I can't close the clips over the plate. So if I want to wear the surrounds, I need new plates... so do I go full hog German? German with no D banding? Or just a pressed steel plate with the English font?! ARGH!

Help?! Please?

Ta, Dave.

i was thinking this also, can you get the plates made up with the little circles after the two first digit like on the real german number plates,? if so they look awesome!

i was thinking this also, can you get the plates made up with the little circles after the two first digit like on the real german number plates,? if so they look awesome!

ye i know you can get them on dubmeister but i think thats when thy become quite illegal (thats what i got told from somewhere anyway). but unsure, but they do look cool.

The tax crests on the german plates do look great, but i think they would draw attention to the plates more so than german ones without the crests. It depends on who the police officer is and what mood he is i think. You may just get a producer if you get stopped and told to put your original ones back on. Oh and the plates are just as reflective as the standard english plates. A question though, are they an MOT failure?

I'd guess they could fail an MOT because they are, after all, not road legal. Depends how well you get on with your garage and if they even notice i guess?! Well I've now got it down to 2 plates: either the full German with German font and D band, or just a plain pressed steel plate in the English font. Opinions...?