G60 Steels

Daz Red 16v

Helo all, do any of you know where i can find a set of the above? Can you buy them straight from a VW dealer? Its coming to that time of year and i dont want the ATS's getting abused by the british weather!!

Cheers Daz

ah right i herd you could still get them from the dealers? must be wrong then. Anyone else know of the situation with them? Or is it just a case of going on ebay etc.

ill be devastated if you cant get them from the dealers because i really want them for the winter. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

yes you can buy them from a vw dealer! part number 357 601 025m, priced at ÂŁ39.55 each including vat! there is a choice of 2 centrecaps, a smooth one which covers the centre completely (357 601 147 d 7vl and ÂŁ11.39 each inc vat), or a black cap that shows the wheelnuts (like a polo-shape caddy van) part number 871 601 171 priced ÂŁ4.55 each inc vat.

yes you can buy them from a vw dealer! part number 357 601 025m, priced at ÂŁ39.55 each including vat! there is a choice of 2 centrecaps, a smooth one which covers the centre completely (357 601 147 d 7vl and ÂŁ11.39 each inc vat), or a black cap that shows the wheelnuts (like a polo-shape caddy van) part number 871 601 171 priced ÂŁ4.55 each inc vat.

Excellent! Only last night was I searching for a source of part numbers of these things (because I have a cunning plan... golfttside1fx.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Cheers,

Deek.

Edited by dxg

thanks for the part numbers, i shall go to the dealer tomorrow and see what the krak is. I wish it was that low, i might change my plans and ditch the idea of buying springs and save for some weitec coilovers. ÂŁ400 odd i think.

Mainly because theres no point in lowering it on springs, it destroyed my saxo vtr, or maybe that was beacuse it was a frenchy!! eh lol

Edited by Daz Red 16v

i got a new set of g60 steel wheels about 8 months ago from VW. I will tell u though to inspect the wheels carefully when you get them as they are sent out loose and not in a box so most of them tend to come damaged and scratched, it took my local dealers 8 wheels to get 4 that where mint, plus they knew i was fussy

I've done a bit more digging. I think if you order through vagparts over at uk-polos, they should be able to beat the dealer price. They were quoting ÂŁ29.68 per wheel back in May although you would then have delivery which might rule out any saving.

Am I right in thinking that a 15 x 6 Wheel takes a 195 wide tyre? It's just that 195 != 6 inches. (Can you tell I've not done this before?!)

Deek.

Ok, well ill give the dealer a try and see what there price is, then ill try vagparts and see if any money can be saved.

In reply to Deek yes that pic of a mk2 has the G60 steels on, and how sweet does it look. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Am I right in thinking that a 15 x 6 Wheel takes a 195 wide tyre? It's just that 195 != 6 inches. (Can you tell I've not done this before?!)

Deek.

yes but look a lot better with a 165 50 15 thats what i have on mine wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

no you cant buy them from a dealer. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I got some in from my local dealer a couple of weeks ago for a friend but maby thats what they had left in stock confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I got mine ordered this morning. Asked the guy to check with VW that they were in stock before acccepting the order and he confirmed they were still available. Assuming those are the correct part numbers, off course, because the purchase order just says "wheel"...

So, 16 left and counting...

Paul is selling a set with tyres in the for sale smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well, those black caps do not fit those wheels. They look similar to the photo in the thread, but are designed for a wheel with a *much* bigger centre spigot than that on the wheels... They also have openings for the bolt heads to pass through, which might not be the same...

Does anyone else have alterantive part numbers?!

Hopefully, it's the centre cap that's wrong, rather than the wheel - otherwise this will have been a very expensive thread. Will find out tomorrow after I buy a trolley jack.

Deek. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Thought I would add a pic for clarity.

capandspigothole.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

You can just about make out the tabs on the rear of the centre cap that are supposed to fit through the centre hole on the wheel. The size difference is obvious, even from this pic.

I've also noticed these wheels are ET35, and the Bathrusts(sp?) are 40-something. Hmm.

It will be a restless night until I can find out tomorrow if I've just pissed my money up the wall...

(And I had plans for doing something special with these wheels, too).

Deek. mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

m8 there the right centre caps, i thought exactly like u wen i put them on my car. there quite clever really. the tabs dont do in to the hole in the centre, wen you put the bolts in the wheel the tabs just touch the under side of the bolt and wen all the bolts are in it gets held in place nice and tight

I've also noticed these wheels are ET35, and the Bathrusts(sp?) are 40-something. Hmm.

It will be a restless night until I can find out tomorrow if I've just pissed my money up the wall...

Christ mate - your whineing over 5mm offset?? I wouldn't worry about it too much cos you CANNOT get these wheels in an ET40...

I'm not gona say stop moaning - cos i'd probably be pissed off too, but try the centre caps before you tell everyone their wrong, you'll be pleasently suprised.

I'd also like to add, DO NOT USE THE SAME WHEEL NUTS THAT YOU USE FOR YOUR ALLOYS AS THESE WILL BE TOO LONG...

ABS Sensors dont come cheep...