Picture of the day

ArosaMike

the dog on the beach is a cracker. . .got a shot to upload, but being new not sure how its done . . . .anyone happy to help ?

Thanks!

Upload your images to a photo hosting site. I use Flickr and Photobucket.

In Flickr go to the Share tab at the top of the image and in the pop up window select BB Code and the size you want, then copy the text in the box. Go to your new post in CL and paste. Add any text and then Submit your post.

In Photobucket, slect the Image code, copy and paste in your thread, again add any text required and Submit.

^ I loive close ups of fungi, but you need to get the fungi totally in focus, with shallow depth of field for it to work. So good effort, but try again.

Get down and dirty!

thanks Silver...i agree to many ducks around....still next time. looked at the entire thread last night and there is clearly some clever people on the site, love the close up of your dog ? sleeping (close up of the nose) cool pic

^ I loive close ups of fungi, but you need to get the fungi totally in focus, with shallow depth of field for it to work. So good effort, but try again.

Get down and dirty!

Thanks for your critic. I find it really hard with not having live view, especially as i didnt want to end up covered in mud. 550d coming soon :)

hey. . .good job on the ducks dissapearing ! cheers. . . . did you use photoshop or a twelve bore ?

nicely framed. . is it a view form your kitchen ?? LOL

6280719931_2ed5b8e364_z.jpg

MADE IN ENGLAD by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

Well, I've got the Levi's of my youth and they feel oh so familiar, so after a conversation at work with a similar aged colleague, I took the next step and started looking at my footwear.

Dr Martens. I got my first pair at 13, from a factory footwear shop in Boscombe. My mum for the life of her couldn't understand why I wanted work boots, but she relented and took me to buy a pair. Again like the Levis, from that first pair I was always in posession of a pair of 1460 boots and 1461 shoes.

Until around 2003. I bought a new pair of boots, but never got on with them. Leather didn't break in the same, stiching wasn't the familiar yellow and there was something just not right; I thought maybe I'd grown out of the relationship.

I now find that since 2003 Dr Martens have been made in Taiwan or China. From inferior leather, with copied stitching and sole units. Hmmm...

IMPOSTERS

...but guess what, a short while ago, Dr Martens released a new line "Vintage". Made in the original factory, handmade by cobblers, with original quality materials and from the original 1959 last. Unfortunately they come with a hefty price tag, but hey, for the cause!