Picture of the day

ArosaMike

Enjoying the 50mm F1.8 then James! great DoF and clarity.

:)

Yep, spent a fortune on camera gear, and the best item... ÂŁ70 plastic lens off ebay. :)

Would like a f/1.4 now. Or maybe a 30mm prime.

I was looking for a 35mm F2 prime, but with the EOS have a 3/4 sensor ended up going for a 28mm F2.8 which will still be equiv of a high 30s lens on a full frame.

Both are hard to come by and after a couple of cancelled orders as suppliers were advertising but then unable to get stock I found a nearly new one on eBay. Hope it's in as good a condition as advertised.

DSC_0358_446.jpg

Any good? I'm working hard on Mrs M to consider looking at one (or the Ibiza Cupra) now that our FR is getting on for six years old and both Skud & Seat are offering 20% discount making them very interesting prospects.

Any good? I'm working hard on Mrs M to consider looking at one (or the Ibiza Cupra) now that our FR is getting on for six years old and both Skud & Seat are offering 20% discount making them very interesting prospects.

I find tht the car is brilliant, its a nice ride, i didnt know if i would like the DSG gearbox at first but i find id rather drive this most the time than a manual as its easy and lazy and then fun wen driving abit more aggressive. It is a fun car to drive and pulls like a train wen accelarate harsh due to it being tsi.

I would test drive one so you know wat the dsg is like if you have used it before. I originally considered a cupra but not that keen on the look of it.

I've driven an Audi A3 with the DSG and found it so different to a proper auto box. No delays and all that.

The Cupra/Bocanegra is a bit messy to look at, I'd be tempted with the vRS wagon, but the kit isn't quite as good. The A1 now comes with the 180 horse motor, but it's ÂŁ20+ grand!

What to do??? a test drive is needed to put the seed of a thought in her mind.

Edited by IDGM

I did find that you can get a bit more for the cupra but as said it is a messy to look at, i did look at the A1 but didnt want to be paying the price and same with the VW Polo

You can still get alot of extras for the vRS though which arent stated in the brochure such as heated seats, electric sunroof, smokers pack etc. also ive heard that if bought after march april i think there is a few different things on them like auto lights and some new extras coming out like the black pack which is instead of chrome (not sure if this is just a rumour)

A test drive would probably sway her towards one of them though.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a little wander round Hartlepool tonight and got this...

5539675779_0aabdf96a0_z.jpg

Marina Bay Sands and Helix Bridge by Philplop, on Flickr

:ninja:

:lol:

Straight from the camera.

35mm

300 second exposure

f22

iso50

Marina Bay Sands hotel and Helix bridge in Singapore. Pretty pleased with it. I was taking it from the top of the F1 stands, which I wasn't supposed to be on, so considering I only had a chance to take two shots I was well chuffed with this one! :)

Edited by Philplop

Had a little wander round Hartlepool tonight and got this...

5539675779_0aabdf96a0_z.jpg

Marina Bay Sands and Helix Bridge by Philplop, on Flickr

:ninja:

:lol:

Straight from the camera.

35mm

300 second exposure

f22

iso50

Marina Bay Sands hotel and Helix bridge in Singapore. Pretty pleased with it. I was taking it from the top of the F1 stands, which I wasn't supposed to be on, so considering I only had a chance to take two shots I was well chuffed with this one! :)

Urm... Thats Not bad.

lol