Picture of the day

ArosaMike

Just treated myself to a new lens for my camera.

First shot so far: Taken from around 8 feet away from the subject.

Love the warmth in that photo, what lense did you buy?

Love the warmth in that photo, what lense did you buy?

Konica Minolta AF 75-300mm. F4.5-5.6

1151412383.jpg

At a guess, the warmth is coming from the table lamp situated to the immediate right of the flowers! :)

Edited by nfbr

Al i have that exact lens, I bought it with my Dynax 5, it's a very good one.

I'm looking at getting the minolta version of my camera's original lens as they seem to be better build quality than the sony ones and very well priced! Most of the minolta stuff seems to have been looked after very well!

As for the pic, I have no idea! is it some kind of clock? or part of a guitar?

I'm looking at getting the minolta version of my camera's original lens as they seem to be better build quality than the sony ones and very well priced! Most of the minolta stuff seems to have been looked after very well!

As for the pic, I have no idea! is it some kind of clock? or part of a guitar?

Remind me of what camera you have. I know what you mean about the build of them, i only got the 18-55 with the A330, so i could use all my other lenses. Including the 28-80, which incidentaly i don't use that often as it's too much telephoto for general around the house shooting.

As for the photo, it's the aperture blades of a lens i was fixing for a buddy of mine, proper fiddly, can't test it out though as it's a pentax M42 fit, haven't got that adapter for mine yet. Here is a link to a few photos of the lens, so i don't break the 'picture of the day' photobucket album

So here is my submission for today.

4453974558_0d388acb69_b.jpg

Remind me of what camera you have. I know what you mean about the build of them, i only got the 18-55 with the A330, so i could use all my other lenses. Including the 28-80, which incidentaly i don't use that often as it's too much telephoto for general around the house shooting.

As for the photo, it's the aperture blades of a lens i was fixing for a buddy of mine, proper fiddly, can't test it out though as it's a pentax M42 fit, haven't got that adapter for mine yet. Here is a link to a few photos of the lens, so i don't break the 'picture of the day' photobucket album

I have the Sony Alpha A200. I got it brand new for an absolute pittance! :-) If I don't still suck at photography in a years time, I might upgrade to a used A700

The link works, but needs a password lol.

I have the Sony Alpha A200. I got it brand new for an absolute pittance! :-) If I don't still suck at photography in a years time, I might upgrade to a used A700

The link works, but needs a password lol.

I almost went for that one, when i first decided i was getting a dSLR that was the one, then Sony through a spanner in by bringing out the three new models. I almost wish i'd stuck to my guns as i could have used my release cable with that one i think, instead of buying a wireless remote, only £3 like though that's not the point.

The 700 is a full frame, correct? Should make a really nice camera when the prices come down like you say.

Hopefully that link will work now. Didn't realise they were all private albums. photobucket album

Cheers.