What to do with my Lupo gti?

KennyGti

Well guys the day is upon me. Tomorrow I'm on trial and I'm likely to get a 1 year ban. So what do I do with the lupo? Keep it and hope I can insure it when I get my license back, or sell it (in slightly tatty condition) for a bit less than it is worth?

Any good ideas?

Kennygti (soon to be Kennypaws)

yer keep it mate. think about it in a year you can save crap loads of cash and just work on the car that way the year will not feel so long and you will have a nice car when times up

See this is the problem. Will lose my current job as I work as a driver. I've got something else lined up but it pays a lot less. I'm a bit concerned about having the car sitting doing nothing for a year, depreciating, when I could put the money to other uses. Part of the problem is that when I get the license back, the insurance premiums will be very high, as insurance companies tend to frown on DUI. I'll lose my no claims (worth 60% or so) and I suspect the premium will be loaded enough it may not be realistic to insure for a couple more years.

BTW I've no idea how I failed a breath test (previous threads on this) and I can be sure I wasn't over.

I'll see how it goes today.

Edited by KennyGti

There are many reasons that breathalisers fail, drugs you take, diabetic etc....

Why will you loose NCB? No holding a policy for a year you still keep NCB, ou can not hold incurance for upto 2 years and still keep NCB

There are many reasons that breathalisers fail, drugs you take, diabetic etc....

Why will you loose NCB? No holding a policy for a year you still keep NCB, ou can not hold incurance for upto 2 years and still keep NCB

No, I believe NCBs lapse if you dont have insurance for a year... Sorry wrong on phone to DL as I write and they say three years, which helps.

Anyway, got a year and a 5 ton fine. The PF was doing his best to get me into extra trouble though, the smarmy little c**t. Trying to put me up as a lier, which was ironic as I watched the cops lie through their teeth on the stand.

Gutted, but not surprised.

No, I believe NCBs lapse if you dont have insurance for a year... Sorry wrong on phone to DL as I write and they say three years, which helps.

Anyway, got a year and a 5 ton fine. The PF was doing his best to get me into extra trouble though, the smarmy little c**t. Trying to put me up as a lier, which was ironic as I watched the cops lie through their teeth on the stand.

Gutted, but not surprised.

what a bitch.

makes me think that it's not even worth having 1 pint early in the evening and driving home late at night. at the end of the day you barely feel the affects of 1 pint, so is it really worth drinking it?

if you can't drive for a year i'd sell it and use the money for taxi fares, not worth the bother of having it around loosing money if you can't use it plus it would still need road tax if parked on the road, insurance, a yearly service and running every week or two to keep it ticking over.

if you can't drive for a year i'd sell it and use the money for taxi fares, not worth the bother of having it around loosing money if you can't use it plus it would still need road tax if parked on the road, insurance, a yearly service and running every week or two to keep it ticking over.

That's the conclusion I'm reaching...

sell it cheap. you are going to save loads by not running a car.

I would agree, sell it, in a year would you be able to insure a GTI?

as for No claims discount, as long as you get proof of your no claims, you will keep it. I've not had a motorbike since i was 18, and i still have 2 years... no claims!

I had 20 months ban for DUI but the TTC course gets a 25% reduction and also has insurance companies which deal with the course and offers better insurance rates.

But i couldnt afford a GTI insurance as im 24 with zero no claims i would be looking at £2500 with a DR10 on my licence.

A sport is going to set me back £1280 a year fully comp sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I personaly wouldnt keep the car as it would annoy me to not be able to drive the thing.

I personaly wouldnt keep the car as it would annoy me to not be able to drive the thing.

That is exactly what I'm thinking. It'll break my heart to see it on the drive everyday, rarely driven, certainly never the way it should be. Rather let someone else enjoy it and get something else when I get my license back.

I'd keep it mate. I had to give my license up for medical reasons for a year and now it has been 18months and I am finally getting it back and boy am I glad i kept hold of my loop. Last time I had to give my license i got rid of the car and regretted it as could not afford to get another one for ages. I too have had to take a drastic cut in wages as can only work part time now but trust me you get by smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good Luck for tomorrow and think carefully about the car

Sell it, save the profit to put towards a car purchase once the ban has lifted.

In the mean time get a bike, walk.

I dont reccommend public transport, close proximity and sweaty people doesnt do it for me

Another vote for selling it. When you get your licence back, drive a bag o'***** for a year or two (until your insurance comes down), and put the cash you've saved towards another Loop later. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

close proximity and sweaty people doesnt do it for me

Crusoe will be along any minute to turn your innocent comment around into something seedy. Just give it a day or so... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'd say sell it, what are you doing about the Tevor, keeping it?

close proximity and sweaty people doesnt do it for me

just have to lie back and let you do all the work on top then PMSL

[well Andy did ask for a comment]