Lupo questions

Picola

Ok, Im new here and new to Lupos.

Im currently driving a mk4 golf, 1.4 16v. Ive had it for awhile and am thinking of changing.

I have my eye on Lupos at the moment and was just wondering if anyone has any advice really. Dont tell me off for been lazy, Im going to look through the forum now....

Anyways, Im wanting a car that is

1. Quicker on acceleration than my lump

2. More economical, unless I find a Genie, rub him up and lower petrol prices.

3. Is a nice drive (mines started to feel like a bean can on knex wheels)

4. Looks good, lol

Ultimatly Id like a gti, yet I dont know what they are like on petrol. Like any other car they sup more fuel, and depends on how you drive it. How do gti owners find the fuel costs?

I have looked at diesels, but then Id be keeping with the same bhp, more or less. Therefore not a great difference in speed.

So, so far Im thinking the 1.4 sport is the best offer, with only a rise of 2 insurance groups aswell.

I'll also wanting to be styling the car, bbs come this way....lol.

So, if anyone has any pointers, I will appreciate it.

Thanking ooooooooo

Gtis are just as economical as Sports really. Its just how you drive it. My Gti is better on fuel than my old 1.1 Fiat.

A sport would a good idea as the insurance is lower, if thats a big issue for you.

TDis are great as you could go for a remap and get a mass of torque under your right foot. Ask Al(nfbr) about his. A 1.4TDi with over 100bhp and around 180lb/ft of torque. And even better his economy went up after the remap!

gti's are fairly decent on fuel, although if your doing a lot of long journeys then a tdi may be your best bet... as said above if u get it chipped, more responsive etc..

is that your mk4 in your sig?...looks nice and phat biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If it is then thats one nice mk4. I've seen pics of it on e38. its running BBS RS rims isn't it ?

firstly, welcome!

secondly, my Sport can does anywhere between 32 and 56 MPG, dependant on how much stick I give it, so it's not that bad. but I'm beginning to wish I'd bought a diesel since I do a lot of miles

all depends on your driving habbits though!

I tend to get around 34mpg on a poor run and 38-44mpg on a good run. In which case they are really quite good on fuel

Insurance isnt too bad either considering similar cars are roughly 2-3 insurance groups higher smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

First off thanks for the responses, some good info

Secondly no, its not my golf in my sig, I stole it from mkivs forum. Id also steal the car aswell if I could. Mines a cosmic *cough pea* green, and I will put in the for sale section in a mo.

Thridly- Gti T, Im from a far away land called Cumbria. Ive seen that this site is based in London area, where you have civilisation.

So if I buy anything from you's then I expect a stop over for the night lol. Joke

Fourthly, I have ruled out Gti's, mainly because of the jump in insurance group. Next Ive sort of ruled out diesels, mainly as I dont want to go through a remap. Although Id like to sit and sniff the fuel.....Im not weird. Saying that, after Ive made said car look rather nice on the eye, I may go and tinker with engine mods.

So I think a 1.4s is my best bet. 25 more bhp with the same engine as my current. Only not an obese chassis to lug around.

Fiftly, I do journey abit now and again with work. I currently get around 50mpg, which isnt too bad.

First of all I need to sell my tank and stop looking wheels in anticipation. Then I need to take a breather from typing

Phew!

Thanks guys

Nic

Edited by Picola

Thridly- Gti T, Im from a far away land called Cumbria. Ive seen that this site is based in London area, where you have civilisation.

So I think a 1.4s is my best bet. 25 more bhp with the same engine as my current.

Not everyone's from down South, there's people all over the place, it's a nationwide forum.

Don't know if you know this, but there are two 1.4's, both 16v. The 75bhp 'S' and the 100bhp 'Sport'.

So if I buy anything from you's then I expect a stop over for the night lol. Joke

ha far away land called CUMBRIA,god thought i was the only one, where abouts in cumbria you from? am from workington blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> there is some kind of civilisation up here somewhere in the hills with all the sheep!hahaha

ha far away land called CUMBRIA,god thought i was the only one, where abouts in cumbria you from? am from workington blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> there is some kind of civilisation up here somewhere in the hills with all the sheep!hahaha

Cough Cough! Im from cumbria too, workington also! Crickey, well be having meets up this way next!

Ive seen that this site is based in London area, where you have civilisation.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> The site owner is from the west midlands, there's no civilisation there tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Welcome Nic smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Get one of the 1.4 engines .....(sport!!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

Will be much quicker than the golf because its not lugging around all the extra weight.

A few things to look up on the forum:- 1. The gti and petrol sport shoud run on superplus or you dont get you full power figure. 2. Pedal box problems.3.rear screenwash pipe pops of in winter (like the golf).

There are lots of plus points but I dont want to fill up this whole topic biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Also - They have a good ncap rating.

Good luck, on the hunt.

welcome to the forum smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

if you want to go for a 1.4 id recommend the sport. its suprisingly quick and you get some nice bonuses like the centre exhaust and if you go for a newer one you get the gti seats i think too.

if i were you id test drive a few of each model and see which you prefer!

good luck

Jen x

First off thanks for the responses, some good info

Secondly no, its not my golf in my sig, I stole it from mkivs forum. Id also steal the car aswell if I could. Mines a cosmic *cough pea* green, and I will put in the for sale section in a mo.

Fourthly, I have ruled out Gti's, mainly because of the jump in insurance group. Next Ive sort of ruled out diesels, mainly as I dont want to go through a remap. Although Id like to sit and sniff the fuel.....Im not weird. Saying that, after Ive made said car look rather nice on the eye, I may go and tinker with engine mods.

So I think a 1.4s is my best bet. 25 more bhp with the same engine as my current. Only not an obese chassis to lug around.

Fiftly, I do journey abit now and again with work. I currently get around 50mpg, which isnt too bad.

First of all I need to sell my tank and stop looking wheels in anticipation. Then I need to take a breather from typing

Phew!

Thanks guys

Nic

So your name is Nicola, i was going to put Nicola in my first reply but then i thought perhaps your name really is Picola laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Dont blame me for thinking that though ive heard alot weirder names than this biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Im from sunny Manchester, so not really near to London at all biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Good luck with the sale of the Golfy and with the hunt for a little Lupo shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Tom

Ahoy hoy hoy. Wowsers, More people from foot and mouth land!

Vr6 Lupo/Gibbeth- Im from Barrow in Furness (ass end of nowhere). I go up to Workington, or should I say Wukington lol, now and again. I know the odd person or 2 from that area, Carlisle etc...

The 1.4 sport is what Id like, but it seems they are all in hiding, I cant find one for sale! I would appreciate the extra speed without going the whole hog of gti. My golf just feels slow on acceleration, poor obese car.

I really have my heart set on a white lupo, and have found one on autotrader. But I think its just the S, and not sport.

4th one down, provided the link works

Gti T- Yup! Its Nicola, but Nic is better. Nicolapicola is a primary school name which had sort of stayed lol.

Jen- Id love to go test driving one, yet the only 2 Ive seen are owned by folk I dont know, and might think Im weird if I ask them to drive their cars lol.

The extras sound tip top aswell, gti seats- bonus.

Again thanks for the response.

id imagine white sports are rare. ive only ever seen one at Gti International this year. looked really nice though you cant beat a nice white car wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

im sure someone will let you have a go at one of the meets smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> or maybe even take you out for a passenger ride so you get a feel for comfort, ride and acceleration

Jen x

orite nic, wukinton,nowt up wid that marra laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ows it garn laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> u should give es a shout when ur next up, if you want a go in a lupo al tek you out in mine if ya wanted blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> maybe have a drive if ur gud shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> who you know from wukinton?how old are ya? nowt up wid barrow, just a crap road to get there! white euro look lupo wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> mint

Edited by VR6 Lupo

orite nic, wukinton,nowt up wid that marra laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ows it garn laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> u should give es a shout when ur next up, if you want a go in a lupo al tek you out in mine if ya wanted blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> maybe have a drive if ur gud shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> who you know from wukinton?how old are ya? nowt up wid barrow, just a crap road to get there! white euro look lupo wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> mint

Vr6 Lupo- Y' areet Marra lol. Yup white euro, thats exactomondo the way Im wanting to go lol.

I know one lad from workington, I wont name names on a public forum. Others are dotted around Aspatria/ carlisle etc.

Im up today, in Carlisle that is, helping a store out. The wonderful world of Pets at Home lol. (Hence the early post, and waking up long before my alarm goes off)

The barrow road is a long one, but can be an entertaining drive, plenty of winding roads (especially entertaining when you meet a hgv on the way lol)

Jen- Ill keep an eye on upcoming meets, see if theres one not too far away sometime.

Edited by Picola

Ooo, hello smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You've got my name! I'm a Nicola too biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If you can find a white sport that would look very cool and rare too! Think I've only ever seen one other Lupo in white at all smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ooo, hello smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You've got my name! I'm a Nicola too biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If you can find a white sport that would look very cool and rare too! Think I've only ever seen one other Lupo in white at all smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hello smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Did you used to get called nickers at school aswell? Or was it just me lol.

Yes, Im finding it very hard to find a Sport....in white. (Picky girl)

Ive found a 1.4 16v, at a nice price mind.

Im also really liking the Revo TDI for sale on the site, but Im just waiting on the sale of mine first.

I did sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Along with a whole load of other names rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'm sure I saw a white Lupo on the bay a little while ago - although it might have been left hand drive....

Yes, Im finding it very hard to find a Sport....in white. (Picky girl)

Try having a look for one in Canica Blue, you wont notice the difference wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just so you get the idea have a look at this....T.S.M's Arosa!

Edited by Max69vk

And a big hello from another fellow cumbrian! how goes it sparra marra from barra? Am near workington myself, lovely little harbour town called maryport! *cough*