GTI Festival Sun. 9th July @ Santapod.

Petrified

nice one, hopefully if it's a nice day I'll be using it to test the lupo. try a few things out to see if it makes any difference. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> may aswell make one of them list things if anyone else wants to put their name down tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> .

would be nice to know there were other lupos using the strip.

Petrified (on the strip)

Babs

andyp

we need some more gti's on there. you'd be supprised what the lupo's can do.

easy pickings - best cars to go up agains (in the vag range)

mk3 golf VR6, jetta

polo g40 - unless it has a diff or good driver they are an ass to get off the line. you will find most g40's get good runs and bad runs, never consistant good runs.

mk4 golf gti - just watch out for the 180bhp and 150tdi's all the others should be no match for a lupo gti.

audi a3 quattro, as long as it's not an s3 they never get good times.

be weary of

any mk2 golf, especially if the driver looks hard. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

anything with slicks. I've only seen one car on the track with slicks that didn't need them, a fiesta st blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> bet he drove with them on everywhere.

mk1 scirocco especially is it goes woosh tish.

anyone wearing a helmet, except that purple beetle running high 15's at big bang huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

anything that isn't road legal, unless it's the sofacar.

try to find out if it's their first time on the track. you'd be supprised how many people have never taken their car up the strip. first timers are usually subject to stalling/lots of wheel spin and limiter hitting.

that's how my lupo sport beat a civic type-r laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

getting a good launch, just stick your foot down, dont wory about holding at a certain rpm on the handbrake and dumping the clutch. just see what you can do first then try to improve it.

more tips to follow, probably .

Edited by Petrified

I'm not 100% on this one yet, but i am really hoping to go smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

we might be there smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

good tips petrified! dont think im brave enough to go up the track though, might talk joe into it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Jen x

• 2 weeks later...
how much does it cost to go on the strip???

its soo far sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

£15 I think, but for unlimited runs. much better than gti international. I travel up all the time from cardiff, around a 350 miles round trip blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />