Banksy.co.uk

Tigz™

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

kissingcoppers.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

balloongirl.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

petalgirl2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

windowseat.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

petalgirl2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

in this the angle is slightly out

windowseat.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

and the colour in that would be virtually impossible with spray paints, and look at the height!

very real photoshops but photoshops none the less in my opinion...

Indeed, some of his work is truely outstanding. I have his book, and if you're interested in this kind of thing it's well worth buying, only £12 from Amazon.

Some people need to remember that there are still people capable of producing art around wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

"its a photoshop" hahahahahahahah

Banksy is one of the greatest artists of our time! I used to live near Bristol and he started off there and started a revolution (loads of his stuff is still around from years and years ago). I would go as far as saying he is the father of all stencil graffittiii iiiii you see anywhere....

He often goes into major galleries like the Tate Britain and instead of stealing art, adds his own by hanging a picture on the wall and adding a tag just like all the other art in the gallery already - some of it stays a remarkably long time!

Aaaaah, now I've heard about that before!

I like his style! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I know of Banksy from my time in Bristol and have seen many of his bits of work around there.

All the stuff you see is genuine. The two on the large wall (girl with baloons and the two armchairs) were done somewhere in the middle east!

As you enter Bristol from the M32 his name is written on one of the Bridges across the road (in very large letters) it has been there for ages.

His best bit of work (that I'm familar with) is a large piece on the side of a building - it features riot police huddled together as a big teddybear throws a bomb at them. There is a big caption with it that reads "the mild mild west"

I really like the stencil ones - I have seen loads and they have all been really clever and made me smile.

banks.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by Cliveski

If you buy his books you'll see it aint no Photoshop. The pics taken on the huge wall were done in Iraq i think and it shows you images of the ladders up against the wall and him doing what he does best...

Banksy’s work can bee seen all over London. The ones that says, “This is not a photo opportunity†near all the landmarks…

Ahh Banksy! He really has done some amazing work, you can see his work every were, even when I was on holiday in Bacalona!

A couple of my mates are graffers for a living, and say he's pretty sound.

I wouldn't really class that as graffiti, as that lumps it in with the pea brains who scrawl their names on trains and walls. It's also a damn sight better than most of the publicised modern "art" I've seen.

Very impressive.

It's pretty incredible how this guy has developed into an urban legend who is know world-wide.

What he does is largely illegal but people don't seem to mind as his work is imaginative, funny and (from what I have seen) has never been offensive.

I guess in many ways he is a pioneer - I'm sure he has many people who copy his style/ideas.

I wouldn't really class that as graffiti, as that lumps it in with the pea brains who scrawl their names on trains and walls. It's also a damn sight better than most of the publicised modern "art" I've seen.

Very impressive.

I disagree with you actually BigMon - I would say that is more graffiti than the idiots who feel the need to tag things - in my opinon, graffiti is an art form. Mindless scrawling is not and its an insult to the artists out there to be lumped in with the taggers.

On a similar topic, I've got some pics at home of work by a guy who does street art, but all using mad perspectives. Stand at the wrong angle & the pics look like nothing on earth, but at the right angle - they're all pretty amazing stuff. Will post some up later if I remember. Can't remember the guys name though...

I disagree with you actually BigMon - I would say that is more graffiti than the idiots who feel the need to tag things - in my opinon, graffiti is an art form. Mindless scrawling is not and its an insult to the artists out there to be lumped in with the taggers.

And Im going to disagree with you! lol

Where do you think Graffti came from?

If it wasn't for the taggers (feeling myself getting into defencive mode lol) then the 'art' as you put it wouldnt exsist.

What is Art?

Expressing yourself surely?

If thats the case, all graffti is art?