vw dealer is trying to con me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotoshinken

brought me a lupo gti last june, when they sold it me i had the autoglym "paint protection" put on. gave it a good clean and polish last week and noticed the paint is coming of the plastic handle surround on the boot. mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> spent nearly a hour in the phone to the manager and he insists he cant do anything because the paint work is out of its original warranty! what a ass!

so i continue the argument that i was sold a "paint protection" for £300 and this bum is now saying that it doesnt protect the paint its just gives it a glossy shine!!! angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> WHAT A MUPPET!

amasing how quickly he chaned his mind when i asked for the address for vw uk to forward my complaint in writing to the big boss. lost all my custom in servicing in the future!

When i bought my car from vw, they told me not to bother with the autoglym paint protection, they said it was a bit of a waste of money. Im not sure what they do with your car, but i cant imagine it being much different to a good couple of hours polishing and waxing with some autoglym products form halfords.

As for the paint warranty i thought you got like 6 years or something?

No offence but they're not trying to con you. The Lifeshine kit that they sell as an extra is just a paint protection in the same way polishing and waxing your car is paint protection. I've got an Autoglym lifeshine kit in the garage although i've yet to use it but it's just a selection of polishes, wax, trim protection etc.

Your paint shouldn't be coming off the boot handle though. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

rite mate as this was sold to u as "paint protection" which clearly hasnt acted as "paint protection" if u only bought the car a year ago i wud certainly not be happy with this problem anyway.

u need to stick at the fact there at fault for selling u a product that isnt performing correctly.

if it doesnt do what it says on the "tin" then they are at fault (cheesy i know lol)

i suggest u stick to ur guns and argue till ur blue in the face with them, u should get what u want. there customer service should be crap hot.

keep arguing and they will sort it, write letters to the highest people possible etc.

good luck

alix x

Dont bother with them lifshine kits, i had somthing similar on my clio called diamondbrite, was told you never have to polish the car just wash it with there special carwash (which funnely enough) cost a bomb but after 6 months the paint lost its shine so i polished it, looked great after that wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

That was paint protecten stuff aswell! Rubbish!!!

yup.

Firstly, sorry to hear about the handle, its the poor paint coming off your plastic like boiled egg, I am not best pleased with the resiliance of my reflex silver paint either. my bumper has stubble from gritter lorries pitting the paint. Sounds isolated though so wouldn't worry about the other plastics on your car going wrong.

Autoglym is only really a paint protector in the sense that it saves you waxing and polishing the paint to protect from colour fade and surface degredation.

It does not harden your paint in any way so to prevent chips and the like.

We had it on 2 audi S4s and was fabulous for the first 10k miles or so but after that I wanted to clay bar the car and couldn't because it would remove this 300 pound polish!! I had to live with the roughness on the paint from tar and grit and the like. not reccomended thumbdown.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbdown:" border="0" alt="thumbdown.gif" /> .

ps, yes the stuff does shine up really well when you polish a treated car, which they say it is ok to do, and on a high use car like my dads it is usefull if you do not have time to clean often or your car gets dirty very often.

As for the paint warranty i thought you got like 6 years or something?

12 I believe, but it's only an anti-perforation warranty, which means that the paint has to have given way to rust which needs to have rusted through.

As this is peeling paint, and on (presumably) a plastic part of the car (the boot handle), the paint warranty doesn't cover it. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

All the VW dealers are just franchises. If you have an issue raise it directly with VW customer service, there normally really helpful and will tell you exactly where you stand.

All the VW dealers are just franchises. If you have an issue raise it directly with VW customer service, there normally really helpful and will tell you exactly where you stand.

dont rely on them too much either though......it took the threat of me going up to milton keynes to make them lean on the dealer to give me a refund.

everythings the same in this fricking country, nothing is ever anybodys problem.

nope you definately get a 12 year 'anti perforation' warnatly on seats at least anyway and paint peeling is definately something to have a go about although in my experience getting them to see it is hard enough mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

wayne

Funnily enough the paint on my boot handle has flaked a bit too - maybe the paint doesn't stick very well to that part for some reason? it hasn't affected anywhere else.

The Lupo comes with a 3 year Paint Warranty so unless the car is younger than that I don't think VW will do anything for you - unless you are a good customer of theirs or they do it as good will.

The Paint Protection thing is kind of irrelevant - all that does is provide a long-lasting 'protective layer' to help keep the paint looking good and repel water and stains - it's not going to prevent stonechips, scratches, or paint flaking.

The lupo comes with a 12 year body protection warranty but that is all to do with rusting from the inside. I don't think what you describe falls into that category.

dont rely on them too much either though......it took the threat of me going up to milton keynes to make them lean on the dealer to give me a refund.

"Hi, is Andi from Pullmans....

...ok the, I suggest you fetch me your manager"

How many vans do you own Sir?

Because my company owned more than 20 vans I was allowed to speak with the manager angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Ok here's somethying funny or rather not: you may recall we had rust coming through on the roof gutters of our W plate Loop.

Initially rasied it with the local VW garage (not the one we bought it from as it's over 300 miles away) and they said it was 'cause we had a roof rack on it... No evidence of this and we hadn't used one..

Went to the most local paint shop who were pretty cool and investigated it.

Paint Shop said this: The rust isn't covered by the 12 yr perforation warranty because even though it's coming from a fault under the paint rather than a chip or scratch it's more than likely some moisture was trapped under the paint or between panels during assembly and a manufacturing fault would be covered under the 3 yr parts warranty (which is up already) so we can't help you!

Nnot worth the paper they're writen on!

This does not sound good. I have found the best approach is not to even bother with disputes at dealers - ring up head office VW and they will sort it for you, as long as your case is within warrenty/reason etc. VW UK does not want sloppy dealers using their franchise to promote a 'bad' image of VW and will prompty sort it out on your behalf. That was the only way I could get Abridge to return my phone calls after keeping my car for 5 days without informing me!

On a slight coincidence, when VW finally did sort the problem and after I suggested compensation of some form, they offered:

1) Free first years service or;

2) Autogym paintwork protection

I'm so glad I appear to have made the right decision!

After much telephoning and letter writing by the wife (she writes a mean letter!) VW gave us a 25% discount on any work that needed doing to the car considering we've only had it since May and done average miles i'm a bit gutted with the amount of stuff it needs! Gonna cost us a fair bit to sort sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

A HAPPY ENDING! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> vw returned my call today the new handle has been ordered and the cars going in the 22nd of this month to have a new one put on! all the moaning worked! (must have learnt abit from the miss`s). wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

A HAPPY ENDING! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> vw returned my call today the new handle has been ordered and the cars going in the 22nd of this month to have a new one put on! all the moaning worked! (must have learnt abit from the miss`s). wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Excellent stuff! Persistance is the key. lol @ the miss's!