Gibbeths Fantasia 1.4s

Gibbeth!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small Update.

Cars still in the Bodyshop, been there since 5th Jan, and nothing posative from them yet. Apparently, hes going to send me some pics by the end of the week, but im not holding my breathe. Im going to go through and see it when I can, but a 60+mile round trip, and no car makes that a bit hard.

But, better news!

New wheels!

According to the sticker on the inside, there Speed Star XR-4s. 6s and 7s. Bit of a wierd split rim design, but I like them. Unsure what to do with them, they either need a good polish, or colour code the lip to the car.

dscf0167.jpg

dscf0168.jpg

dscf0166.jpg

And to get it sitting just nice, some PhilJ coilies.

dscf0164.jpg

Anyone whos bought these, did you get C-spanners with them or not?

Cheers

Wasn't sure whether the wheels were genuine splits or not, there a wierd design.

So I unbolted one of them, and its either v. bloody stiff, or they're imitation splits, will have another go tomorow, when I can find something to hit them with icon_lol.gif

If there fake, Id love to know who painted/powder coated them, as it looks a bloody good job!

• 2 months later...

Cheers matt, got aero wipers, coiliies n wheels to get on when I get it back, then, when Ive started working over summer ill get some cambridges. When ive got some money ill be looking for new seats aswell, not sure what though.

Another Pic, unmasked:

Photo-0078.jpg

Too long! Bit of a pain too, as both tax and MOT have ran out while its been there, so Dave's having it MOT'd (FOC to me) on Thursday morning, then Ill tax it when it gets picked up. If it fails I dont know whats going to happen!

Im certain there real, they couldn't of been powder coated the way they have without being split, I just can't get them apart!

Wanted to colour code the outer to the car, so that they were green outers with black inners, but going to wait until next year to do that when i've a bit more money. Not too sure though, as I really wanted single piece Modern Lines, so it just depends on how im feeling when Ive got the money really!

Nightmare!

Lupo failed its MOT this morning. Seized rear caliper and wipers not working properly.

I bought a new wiper motor just before it went into bodyshop, so that was in the back of the car, so Daves going to fit that, hopefully it is the motor, as replaced the stalk just before christmas, so if it isn't the motor its going to be a right bloody pain.

Dave was going to have a look at the brakes to see if they just needed free'd or replaced, he text me to ask where the locking wheel nut bolt was, and guess where it is? At home!

Someone doesn't want me to get lupo back!

A pic to brighten the thread up.

Photo-0081.jpg

Poor pic again, the rear badges hasn't been smoothed but you can hardly see it in this pic. High level brake light and boot handle have been removed though.

Thats looking very smart mate, i think it would look cool if you actually left the rear badge recess there and put the VW badge back on when you get the car back.

Cheers Adam, thats the plan with the rear badge, going to go for a Passat badge I think (the one the fits inside the hole).

Until yesterday I thought that a fully smoothed boot looked to plain, but after seeing the Mickys I started to wonder!

• 4 months later...

Gave the lupo a good wash last week, and took some pics. Still needing to get it lowered, still on the 60mm springs, but the coilies are waiting at home to be fitted. If anyone in the midlands fancies giving me a hand (ie fitting them, cos I havent a clue) for a few beers, give me a shout! :shades:

Anyway, the pics, inc damage (now repaired!)

P9170252.jpg

P9170245.jpg

P9170248.jpg

P9170247.jpg

P9170257.jpg

Dent :angry2::(

P9170253.jpg

P9170254.jpg

Scratch from edition :(:o:angry:

P9170256.jpg

Yep, it spot on. There is one thing I was quite annoyed about, Dave didn't take the mirrors off to spray them, so when folded back, theres a nice big green bit. Bit lazy really, if theyd of been taken off there'd have been no masking to do, so don't see why he didn't!!