Suggestions for honeymoon location

Tigz™

Me:

I want things to try. ie. Diving, rock climbing, water sports etc.

Plenty of places to see as I'm not the type of person to sit on the beach/by pool all day.

Night life I'm not that interested in, not really a big drinker.

Must not be a rip off.

Emma:

Nice beach.

Nice pool.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

As Chloe will be coming, it cant be too hot for her.

Needs to be safe.

Not all hilly as she'll be in a pram.

This sounds silly, but I've not left the country since was a toddler, so I don't have any ideas at all.

Emma only goes on beach holidays, so shes just as useless with suggestions.

Anyone got any ideas?

Paphos in Cyprus is beautiful but it might be too hot for Chloe... they do scuba diving there (PADI registered instructors) & if you stay near the harbour you're right near the beach. Most hotels/appartments have pools too.

Gran Canaria is lovely too - plenty of tourist places, not too expensive, beach & I'm sure they do scuba out there too... will be cooler that Cyprus too...

scotland looks nice on the ad just get your shots befor you go laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Greece, Italy or Spain id say. Not the busy places though that attract the crowds, to find a nice quiet place you will prob have to get a flight then drive/bus. Theres a nice place called Calella on the spanish coast just up from Barcalona- cheap flight to barca then a 2 hour drive north and you will be in paradise, clear water, lovely food and it wont cost you much.

South of France, Atlantic coast side though not the Med side.

Lots of adventure stuff to do for you, nice beaches and pools for the Missus and it is hot but not as hot as the Med area.

West coast or top of Scotland is nicer if you prefer to stay at home.

You should go to the most beutiful city in the world............. Rome Forum1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Colliseum1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

InsideChurch8.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Me:

I want things to try. ie. water sports etc.

Does Emma know you are into that sort of thing??? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

For a beach type family holiday with lots of facilities and activities the canary islands are probably a good bet, consistent weather and good beaches, not too expensive and plenty of activities.

cant even remember where i went, but i went scrap yasrding on a scooter while anna lazed around the pool

lol

north spain, costa brava, gorgeous beaches loads of water sports loads of places to visit and the joy of barcelona, an amazing city and well worth a visit. plus wouldnt cost too much to get there.

Jen x

Im with Mattie on the Costa Brava thing.

In August its a nice heat, all your watersports and Barcelona is not far away for city type things.

Gotta do the Nou Camp tour.

Id say Cyprus but it will be too hot for the nippa then!

The only problem with the Canaries is that in August they'll be absolutely sweltering, so maybe a bit too hot for your nipper. The Canary Islands are very near Africa so that'll give you an idea of how hot they get!!

Salou on the Costa Dorada in Spain is nice. We stayed about 10 miles away in a (probably too quiet) resort called La Pineda. The train goes straight from Salou to Barcelona so you could have a look round there if you got bored.

Emma likes Salou.

I dont like the idea of a honeymoon in spain though.

Too many Spainish peeps.

Yes, that could be a problem. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Salou is pretty touristy though. It's not full of Spanish tourists, there's a good mix of all different nationalities.