Suggestions for honeymoon location

Tigz™

Last year I went to the Iberostar Mirabello Hotel, Aghios Nikolaos in Crete.

Lovely hotel, great food, own beach with watersports center down near the beach, walk to the town which is really nice too. Most days you get a breeze blowing in from the sea. Its a bit expensive but well worth it.

Look out for a deals, it was great holiday. Good luck holiday hunting.

Had a thought this morning, Kieron and I are getting married in August, but we're not going on honeymoon until September because:

a. It won't be mega sweltering,

b. It'll be cheaper and we'll get more for our money,

c. The kids will be back at school, so no screaming 7 year olds round the pool,

and d. because I wanted to have something to look forward to once all of the hype of the wedding is over (as loads of my friends have said that once the honeymoon was over they felt quite deflated)

As for locations, we went to Lagos in Portugal last year and loved it - we stayed just outside of the main tourist bit, so it was a 10 minute walk into the town centre, but meant that the nights were nice and quiet. We struck lucky with the apartments too as there was no-one else staying there.

Sorry for the bizarre early morning ramble...... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Vixwagen

Yes, Spanish Atlantic coast is very nice as well and you wouldn't be far from San Sebastian which is superb for a night out.

Canary Islands and the Med would be too hot for the yong one in August I think.

The Aeolian islands, just north of Scicly, quiet, clean seas, diving and an active volcano, Stromboli if things get too quiet... it's the destination of choice for many Italians... clicky

Sounds brilliant. When are you taking me?

When you stop taking 99% of my bloody wages tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />