leak!!

timmeh

passenger footwell?

i cant work out for the life of me where it could be comning fro...underneath....surley not and i cant seem to see anything else that screams water ingress at me

when matties washer jet pipe broke it was the passenger side footwell that was soaking so it could be

cheers guys and gals, ill have a look when the cold light of day dawns!

just pop the hood and it will be obvious or is it a jack it up to find the begger job?

its a pull the back seats forward and then pull the plastic side panneling off the car type of number cause theres a joint just there on the rear washer pipe ( the recent cold spell could of cause the water to freeze , expand and pop the joint ) and thats how the water is getting in

Yeah i had a passenger footwell leak, turned out my inner door seal was goosed...

one broken Dyson vacuum cleaner , and a roll of gaffer tape later, I now have a dry Footwell, an angry mum, and a fully sealed car ! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I had this prob fella mid of last year. It was leaking from the speaker but it never was so bad as to make the floor wet.

Dont think it would be the screenwash cos that would smell REALLY strongly of it.

I mean i can tell once mine has leaked through the passenger side side repeater. its really strong but you may not have vw screen wash.

Take the lower door card off and see if its leaking past that gray stuff that is stuck to the door.

ive decided that its still under warrenty so have left VW to do the run around for me, it goes in on thursday biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

ive decided that its still under warrenty so have left VW to do the run around for me, it goes in on thursday biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If VW are anything like Fiat you will have to check small print of the warranty...

I had a leak in a the Fiat Punto (driver footwell) whilst under warranty. Even tho' the receptionist told me that it was common and due to a fault in the wing seal fitting, Arnold Clark/Fiat pointed out that the warranty does not cover water ingress and wanted the car for 2 days to find the leak let alone fix it! After checking minute print they were right it didn't. Luckily it hasn't been to bad, but I did insist on a new set of locks as the dust flap was sticking open. £50 per key and whatever the locks cost...

Good luck!

Silver!

Dcp_3300.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Most probably this joint in the screenwash pipe. Common fault. Runs down the back of the seats into the footwell. Quick test is to squirt the rear wiper, then run around and look at the sill below the door water should leak out.

it was the speaker in the end like scotty G suggested that it could be - gold star biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 3 years later...
Dcp_3300.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Most probably this joint in the screenwash pipe. Common fault. Runs down the back of the seats into the footwell. Quick test is to squirt the rear wiper, then run around and look at the sill below the door water should leak out.

Hi there!

Sorry for stealing this thread for a moment, but I have a question about the picture in this thread. I assume that those holes are for speakers right? The big round ones? on the side? So my question is, was it option with speakers in the backseat on the Lupo? I havn't seen any Lupos with speakers in the backseat... And is it possible to buy those panels with some kind of openings for speakers?

Regards,

Anders.