GTI Heated Mirror

andy4976

Hi All,

I have noticed my drivers side heated mirror is not working, passengers clears in minutes, can anyone tell me how to replace the element, or is it a case of replacing the complete mirror/glass.

thanks

I have noticed my drivers side heated mirror is not working, passengers clears in minutes,
Sounds daft mate but have you checked all connections first mate as ive known on vauxhalls at least that the adjustment electric plugs come loose and only work the mirrors occasionly

so are the electric adjustment and heated mirrors only fitted to the lupo GTI? or are they also on the sports etc? doubt it but worth a try i need some soon so if anyone is elling some then give me a pm

wayne

I had electric adjustable and heated mirrors on my 2000 sport

Cheers guys for all comments, I'll have a go looking at it this weekend,

the electric mirror works fine, so hopefully it's just a case of a loose connection

behind the mirror glass itself.

Can anyone tell me where to start when dismantling the mirror ?,

Any tricky bits i should be aware of ?

Thanks

Cheers guys for all comments, I'll have a go looking at it this weekend,

the electric mirror works fine, so hopefully it's just a case of a loose connection

behind the mirror glass itself.

Can anyone tell me where to start when dismantling the mirror ?,

Any tricky bits i should be aware of ?

Thanks

The glass will come off seperatly so no need to take the whole mirror off! The heated element should have spade connectors a bit like a speaker!

how do you know whether you have heated mirrors? I believe my sport is meant to have them with its heated washer jets, but I can never tell, and never needed to test it yet?

Heated washer jets?

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> I know not of these things...