Do you know owner of 140 bhp tdi lupo

johnyardley

Hi,

I think you misunderstand - nobody claimed 140 bhp on this forum.

I heard this else where I thought they might be a member here

best wishes

John

where not saying its not possible, where just saying that the guy who claimed it on here would not have been able to produce it with the mods he had.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes mate were assuming it aint a coincidence that two TDi owners are claiming 140 bhp so we think its peable (spelling) just an assumation

Anything can be done to an engine mate and almost any power if enough work, 899 Fiat cinqs push 39bhp but a rally one with cams etc pushed 72bhp which is nearly double?

And CARTER what bhp is your running with a remap?

iv had 2 different read outs on 2 different rolling roads, one was 107bhp and and the other was 114bhp, both roads have been fitted years and im ot sure when they were last calibrted so not really sure of an exact figure.

The problem with a rolling road is they have to be ajusted for each car.

This obviously doesn't get done.

Tyre size, width and pressures are only a small part of it.

A rolling road is good for two things.

Hearing how your car sounds at full throttle under load.

checking the diffrence a mod has made before and after on the same time and day!

Hi,

Do you know the major differences between the 75 and 90 bhp 1.4tdi engines?

Is it a simple matter of electronic controls being modified, or, are there larger injectors, stronger engine housing, larger turbo etc.

Best wishes

John

then its a 90bhp diesel with 5 seconds of 140bhp if i get a 100bhp nos boost do i have a 160bhp sdi? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tigz, the mounts are different yes, but only where it mounts to the car.

The mounting points on the gearbox and engine block are identical (unless theirs any minor differences i missed out when i was comparing)

• 2 weeks later...
so a 1.4 TDi (90bhp) could be mounted on a Lupo with a 75bhp TDi gearbox??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could be an interesting conversion for my missus' 1.4TDi Lupo shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Anybody know what the 90bhp TDi unit gets after a remap...maybe 120bhp & a tad more torque? Does it use the same ickle FMIC as on the standard Lupo TDi?

My Ibiza Cupra derv's running a remap with 205bhp & 300+lb/ft - it sounds like a tractor whistling away but the Lupo just sounds like a tappety V6 laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Steve

Edited by MrMischief