Do you know owner of 140 bhp tdi lupo

johnyardley

there one on here with nos, but its not actually proven bhp, last time we heard it snaped the seat frames its got that much torque :S....................................................................yea right! HEHE

I hear stories of a vastly modified lupo tdi outputting around 120-140 bhp and 250 lb/ft.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes mate thats all they are stories , the member in question is P88BEL

the minute i heard 140BHP and Tdi with Lupo tagged at the end on it i nearly pissed ma self laughing ! the last time i heard him bull****ting about the power of it it was only 120bhp but magically its grown 20bhp

Their is a way you could possibly get 140bhp from the 1.4 TDI but it'd involve a lot of work...

Tougher crankshaft and conrods, hybrid turbo, water injection system runing around 50/50 mix with methanol, full exhaust system, high flow air filter, then a full custom remap.

also... i rekon my tdi would take a 100 shot of nos....

jus kiddin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but then your seat brackets might breakdue to the torque

roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

Hi,

Yes I think 140 bhp, or 100 bhp a litre is attainable. For example, Allards can get 245 bhp from a 1.9tdi pd150. AMD can extrace 220bhp from a 2.0 pd140.

What is the spec. of the standard tubo, is it a vnt15?

Hybrid turbo, I take the standard turbo comes with manifold attached so I wondered if half of a v6 manifold/ turbo would fit.

Also, it may be possible to fit uprated injectors?

Also, you would need to fit fmic in place of the side mounted intercooler.

Is the gearbox the same as the pd100 engine. If so it should be able to cope with around 280-300 lb/ft torque?

Best wishes

John

Is the gearbox the same  as the pd100 engine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats a petrol engine , the 1.4Tdi i am sure is only a 3 cylinder and not to mention he hasnt got an uprated turbo , just NOS a remap and an exhaust ans thats all

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

;)+Aug 25 2005, 11:08 AM-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> @ Aug 25 2005, 11:08 AM)
a remap

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought it was a "tuneing box"

I thought it was a "tuneing box"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

from simon it sounds like hes been sniffin something and god knows what it is laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

No, not petrol diesel.

Diesel aircraft engines are reported to run at up to 10,000 (thousand) rpm!

;)+Aug 25 2005, 11:08 AM-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> @ Aug 25 2005, 11:08 AM)
thats a petrol engine , the 1.4Tdi i am sure is only a 3 cylinder and not to mention he hasnt got an uprated turbo , just NOS a remap and an exhaust ans thats all

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and i bet ya it still sounds like a tractor! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I presume you mean turboprop or similar - diesel powered turbofan ('jet') engines can run at 100,000rpm or greater. But that's not anywhere near as impressive as it sounds, and has no basis on it being powered by diesel smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hi,

Yes I think 140 bhp, or 100 bhp a litre is attainable. For example, Allards can get 245 bhp from a 1.9tdi pd150. AMD can extrace 220bhp from a 2.0 pd140.

245bhp from a 1.9tdi?!

Seems a slightly unattainable to me. PD130's normally push out 190-200 MAX, when remapped.

It's not just a remap. You need hybrid turbo, upgraded manifold etc etc.

BUT IT'S EASILY ATTAINABLE !

Take a look at their site www.allardmotorcompany.co.uk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but its not been done to his car though

So if I take the 1.0 MPI badge off my engine cover and put a 1.4 GTI badge on...

...your telling me it won't make my Arosa go any quicker!?!?!?!

BAH! Bang goes that cheap - quick mod!

Silver!

So if I take the 1.0 MPI badge off my engine cover and put a 1.4 GTI badge on...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />  laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />  laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Thats really made my day that has biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

BAH! Bang goes that cheap - quick mod!

Silver!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no but you could sell it to me, 1.4 GTI cool! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Oh, such cynics

A dutch company have used a lupo 1.2 tdi engine in a motorcycle and have extraced 120 bhp and 250 lb/ft torque. So that's an output of 100 bhp per litre.

If your interested go to www.startwin.com and click on the thunderstar link.

John

no but you could sell it to me, 1.4 GTI cool!  laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>