Centre console trim for GTI

Stu92

Glad you got the right one stu, let us know what you think, with a pic.

So, 6X0 711 118 AE QUZ is the leather with red stitching, whats the part number for the current gaitor, just so theres no confusion?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats the part number I used, its for a 6speed only. I haven't seen it yet, but I described to the sales guy what I was looking for and why, gave him the part number. And after thumbing through his computer he said thats the correct one.

Don't know the part number for the current one.

Well the gaitor came today, and I'm a bit disapointed. The probs it, a darker grey to the one i have got, and is the same leathrette (sp?), and comes with red stitching. So it is better looking than the one I have got, since it matches the interior a bit more.

But still isn't as quality looking as diamondblack's picture above ie proper black leather with red stitching.

Next Q. Anyone know how to fit it?

@ BossJC

My car had a plain black leather handbrake handle and has the black button. Recovered the handbrake in red when did my re-trim...the standard cover is tissue thin...real crap...more like vinyl then leather!

The black leather gear gaitor is cheepo really as well, if you compared it to the leather of my retrim the VW stuff is really penny pinchingly thin...and more expensive may I add.

Edited as its early and my typing was rubbish.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

these are for the 6-speed g/box

leather - 6x0 711 118 nmcg - £71.98 + vat

leatherette - 6x0711 118 aequz - £33.93 + vat

@ BossJC

My car had a plain black leather handbrake handle and has the black button. Recovered the handbrake in red when did my re-trim...the standard cover is tissue thin...real crap...more like vinyl then leather!

The black leather gear gaitor is cheepo really as well, if you compared it to the leather of my retrim the VW stuff is really penny pinchingly thin...and more expensive may I add.

Edited as its early and my typing was rubbish.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even so, I'd still rather have a black knob ( laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) to match the door openers sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

80 quid for a bit of leather!!?!?!?!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bargain mate, dunno what you're moaning aboot!!! hehe!!

like you're letter in vwdriver tim!!

these are for the 6-speed g/box

leather  - 6x0 711 118 nmcg - £71.98 + vat

leatherette - 6x0711 118 aequz - £33.93 + vat

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you sure

leather - 6x0 711 118 nmcg - £71.98 + vat is the black leather one???

Well the code printed on the back of my gaitor is as follows and matches none of the above. However my car is a 5-speed but i really cant see that making any difference to the gaitor.

6X0 711 118K 10X although the X could be a K as it's faded slightly.

Well the mystery deepens took the old gaitor off to check part number and it's the same as the new one, but look different?!

pic of new one,

DSC01179.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Hopefully they will take it back.

Blimey, that looks completeley different to mine, even the knob part at the end is different (different colour and material), plus the gaitor doesn't even look black. At least it makes me appreciate mine more.

Edited by Diamondblack

intrested in buying it? before i take it back, the one with red stitching (the new one)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was briefly thinking about it, but you take it back, it will far less hassle for you. If they won't take it back then maybe. Good luck, hope they do take it back because I'm curious to see what the £70 one is like!

the thing you have to remember is that vw don't always print the right part number on the part, and this is stop companies that produce pattern parts from providing inferior parts and claim they are vw genuine!!

i'm using the latest version of ekta at work, and the numbers i have are as follows:

5-Speed

6x0 711 118 r mcg - black/red leather £54.10 + VAT

6-Speed

6x0 711 118 n mcg - gearstick knob with boot for gearstick lever (leather) black £71.98 + vat

6X0 711 118 AE QUZ - gearstick knob (leather) with gearstick trim (leatherette) black/red £33.93 + vat

i have checked these numbers against all the years the lupo has been out, and they are relevant to all gti's

Hi all just picked up my new 53 GTI biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />  biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />  Only thing is the leather trim around the gearstick looks wrong. It just grey leather, and not black leather with the red stitching. Going through the vehicle history there is a receipt for work completed on a "fit piece of centre console trim" under warranty. The part number with this is 6N0864291BC81.

So have thye previous replaced the trim with the wrong trim??? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Also does anybody know the part number for the correct trim??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>