Lupo Heated windscreen

imaparana

If you could get it any cheaper, say £200 incl vat, then count me in. They are a luxury item though. Regular screens are £120 fitted. One of my SDIs has a crack in the screen so will need replacing soon. And it was brand new a year ago (not on insurance). Trouble is, if we swapped the screen on insurance, the broker will insist you use their standard supplier. If there was a way to 'spin' it so upon replacement, they'd need to supply the heated one, then that'd work out sweet. Dunno how though, as it'd have to be notified as a non standard item before claiming, and would need to be on the policy already. Modifications: heated windscreen.

13 hours ago, mk2 said:

If you could get it any cheaper, say £200 incl vat, then count me in. They are a luxury item though. Regular screens are £120 fitted. One of my SDIs has a crack in the screen so will need replacing soon. And it was brand new a year ago (not on insurance). Trouble is, if we swapped the screen on insurance, the broker will insist you use their standard supplier. If there was a way to 'spin' it so upon replacement, they'd need to supply the heated one, then that'd work out sweet. Dunno how though, as it'd have to be notified as a non standard item before claiming, and would need to be on the policy already. Modifications: heated windscreen.

I don't think ill be able to get the price down, this is the same price as all their other heated screen unfortunately

8 minutes ago, Reedo said:

Do they also do the rear windows? ive got like  heating elements left working hahaha. 

Nope, probably best going oem or elsewhere for that im afraid

On 5/26/2019 at 9:58 AM, mk2 said:

Don't block the heater pipe or you'll get a hot spot in the head. It's gotta circulate...

one step ahead of you

On 5/26/2019 at 12:24 PM, LR5V said:

How about Water-less coolant? - doesn't expand, probably be able to get away with a smaller (read lighter) rad fan https://www.evanscoolant.com/how-it-works/

And rain-x anti mist works pretty well

already got the evans coolant in it now, may put a smaller heater in will see how i get on

1 minute ago, mk2 said:

Never tried waterless coolant. I'm interested to know if it's worth the money. May extend water pump life...?

put it this way, at the point the rad fan kicks in (approx. 90 degrees) i can confidently open the expansion tank cap