Better very late than never, my new car.

666DUB

20190319_155041.thumb.jpg.b87c253496c6830827defcae61f5cbb8.jpg

This is my new motor which I've had now for about 9 months. It's a 2011 Mercedes E class coupe 350 CDi . I had my Lupo TDI  for 5 years and what a great car it was , but I came into a bit of cash, so thought I'd treat meself.       Sorry it's took me so long to post pics, but believe it or not I've only just learned how to post pics ( I know very sad.)

Edited by 666DUB
No pic.

For day-to-day use and fun, I'd never want to be without my Lupo Gti, but I've driven a lot of Mercs in recent years, and, apart from various AMGs,  I enjoyed none more than E-Class models - quick, well mannered, stylish interior, elegant and super-comfortable. Hope you'll enjoy it for a great many miles!

14 minutes ago, davy26 said:

For day-to-day use and fun, I'd never want to be without my Lupo Gti, but I've driven a lot of Mercs in recent years, and, apart from various AMGs,  I enjoyed none more than E-Class models - quick, well mannered, stylish interior, elegant and super-comfortable. Hope you'll enjoy it for a great many miles!

What would be cool is an homage to the lupo on your new car... like a UPO reg plate. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rich said:

The parts are even stamped as nissan and Renault.

Yup, retrofitted a load of stuff to an x class the other day and the looms had Nissan all over them, and the citan has Renault stickers all over it.

What he’s saying is Mercedes - like most manufacturers - are in cahoots with a load of others, basically so they can sell the same product with a few upgrades for a lot more money.

Edited by Pete
Spelling

8 hours ago, 666DUB said:

Sorry, I'm I missing summut, what's all this about, Chrysler, Dodge, Nissan, Renault?

its about how Mercedes got into bed with Chrystler, jumped straight out of there into a mass orgy with Nissan and apparently also Renault

Some of the current Merc commercial vehicles are re-badged  Nissan's

Lets not forget Mercedes shared a plant with VW, both using the same very successful chassis.

Ahh, right got ya, :D          although I have to say,      so what, does it really matter? As long as it's a nice motor, which it is.      I mean I loved my Lupo TDI, didn't give a monkeys what parts were on it.

Edited by 666DUB
Mistakes

9 hours ago, LR5V said:

its about how Mercedes got into bed with Chrystler, jumped straight out of there into a mass orgy with Nissan and apparently also Renault

Renault is nissan.

That's why a Micra is a Clio now.