The nerve of some people!!!

bossjohnc

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they cant. It would take a murder for them to be bothered, and if you saw crime watch last night you will know they cant even be bothered to do it then!

"There are only 85 atlantis blue Range Rovers in the UK. We have gone through about half of them..."

How hard can it be!!

He makes a good point, but BMW have sold a LOT of 1 series's, and I can't see the police putting the kind of effort required to find someone that way. However, the insurance company just might, despite most people thinking they can cheat them, they employ very good investigators for this sort of thing, and I'd be very suprised if the insurance co wasn't interested in following up such leads.

it would be worth the effort just to see the guys face when you punch his lights out and rip out his black heart and show it to him just before he dies!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or kick him in the balls which would probably be hanging out anyway by the sounds of him.

i'd just like to point out that i would one day like to own a bmw m3, does this make me a bad person?

No, I'd like an E46 too, when the prices drop a little more. But I don't think you can really help it, it just happens when you get in the car. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I nearly had a BMW up my exhaust pipe at 70mph the other day on the motorway - indicated, pulled out and he came roaring up behind me flashing his lights without even slowing down, scared the sh*t out of me sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Jonhy boy sorry to hear that he may be around here somewhere so i will keep em peeled.. By the way you VW is showing again

Heh! That business died down so I decided to put my badges back.

Anyway, an update... I wrote to BMW:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My father was hit by a black Series 1 BMW yesterday, and his car was written off. Before details were exchanged, the driver got back in his car and drove off. We do not have a registration.

This is a criminal offence, and has been reported to the police, however on that particular stretch of motorway (M25, J25 / Westbound) there were no cameras recording.

Directly after the accident, my father and the other driver got out to inspect the damage, so we do have a description of him.

I am aware that the 1 Series is a fairly new model, and as such there won't be many of them on the road.

Is it possible at all to inform BMW bodyshops, particularly in the London area, that if they happen upon a black 1 series with serious frontal damage within the near future, to contact the police? (I can give the number for a particular station and officer dealing with the

crime.)

I look forward to your response.

John Crighton.

...and they replied...

Dear Mr Crighton

Thank you for your email to BMW Customer Information dated 16 June, 2005.

We are sorry to hear of your father's misfortune with a hit and run driver.  We can confirm that we have forwarded your email to our colleagues at BMW UK who will investigate the matter for your further and advise the best course of action.

We do hope that your father recovers after the shock of the incident and we will make contact again if we require further information from your(sic) directly about reporting the offender to the police.

We hope this information is of use.  If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Information team.

Yours sincerely

Simon Wilding

Product Information Advisor

BMW Group

United Kingdom

...which I thought was a pretty decent response.

Top stuff!

Sounds like a decent bloke as well. Fingers crossed that they get back to you on something.

I thought you were sending them an email praising the strength of the 1 series that it could drive off after the crash!

Went to lakeside yesterday and spotted a Black 1 series being towed by a recovery truck but not a roadside recovery truck if that makes sense now it didn’t appear to have any front end damage from what I could see and unfortunately they had covered the number plate at the front but the recovery firm were called A.B.S Recovery I didn’t have time to take the number down im sorry as I was heading in the opposite direction I’ve rung directory enquires to see if they have a number but sods law they dont have a listing sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> sorry mate but if anyone knows the name or company? thats why I thought I better post it

THIS HAPPEND TO ME IN MARCH. BMW 3 SERIES REAR ENDED MY BIKE AND WROTE IT OFF AND THEY ALSO DID A RUNNER. mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />