The nerve of some people!!!

bossjohnc

This morning, someone ploughed in to the back of my dad's Passat (my previous car)...

55EH2147.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

This happened on the M25 - I think it was around the A10 near the underpass (J25) but I'll need to confirm that with him.

A bloke in a brand new black BMW 1 series hit him - bloke got out of the car and said that his trousers had popped open and he was trying to do up his flies confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Anyway, my dad tried to take a picture, but his camera wasn't working. They decided to move over to the hard shoulder.

They moved over, and my dad went to his car to get something to write with out of his briefcase. Meanwhile, BMW driver drives off in to traffic.

My dad did not get his reg number.

If anyone knows of a BLACK BMW 1 series with some nasty frontal damage, or sees one driving around, please GET ME THE REG NO!!

We've got bits including bumper inserts with serial numbers that came off the car, so hopefully we can trace this back with BMW/help from the police.

The Passat doesn't look too bad in the picture, but essentially the rear quarter is bent and the boot doesn't close properly, so it could actually be a write off.

Please keep yer eyes peeled!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ****ty luck John. We drive more round the West side where it meets the M40 but will keep my eyes peeled.

Have you spoken to the police? They may have it on camera, which would be the biggest help.

Eyes will be Angel.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Angel:" border="0" alt="Angel.gif" />

crap John, bad news. Did your Dad not even a partial on the reg? Bad bad luck. Coppers take a dim view of leaving the scene of an accident, and even leaving a minor one would get this guy some bad news from a magistrate.

Just hope that the cops put some effort in, this wouldn't be too hard to track down so long as this guy went through a BMW dealer to get the repairs done. Keep us updated.

Flies down, reminds me of some lad in my halls at uni that used to openly admit to cracking one off in the car while on a long motorway journey. What a nobber.

They're checking at the moment - bloke is:

Olive Skinned

Mid 30s

Casually dressed (or was then - jeans/tshirt)

Short dark cropped hair

Circumcised

Speaks with a London accent

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Sorry John tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

But seriously, there cant be too many 1 Series on the roads yet (in comparison to all the 3 series over the decades), so narrow the search down to area, and the colour, then there's a good chance this dirty ******* will get caught before he can get it repaired.

Probably worth getting the Police to notify BMW dealerships as to the repairs required, so if the guy's car goes in through them they can call the police.

Edit: And I should probably read all posts before it looks like I'm committing plaguerism.

Edited by zippy

Flies down, reminds me of some lad in my halls at uni that used to openly admit to cracking one off in the car while on a long motorway journey. What a nobber.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet he dreads ever meeting anyone from uni now. Mr Car****er until the day he dies. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

that sux soo bad

i had a little mishap a month or two ago, in a car park i bumped a bumper (thats what they there for right ?) but at least i put a note on the guys window

now driving off would make me pretty mad, i would so have to chase the fuker down !! road rage anyone ?

hope its not gonna cost ya too much mate

You know what they say about BMW drivers don't you...? They are all ****ers.

When my old car was bumped in the work car park I knew who it was and I even confronted him but unless they admit to it there isn't anything you can do. So even if you do manage to trace the car, you might not be able to do anything about it unless he admits that it was him driving.

OK yeah I suppose, but they are serial numbers, not part numbers? Watch that he doesn't try the usual 'it wasn't me driving though and I can't remember who I lent it to'.

Good luck to you catching him though- seriously. Keep us updated.

Nicki - I'm not a member over there, and I'm sure you'll have more clout than me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Would you mind posting a link?

Looks like worst case scenario really - police say there's no video footage, BMW can only trace back to the model, and the car looks as if it might be a write off for sure sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Looks like worst case scenario really - police say there's no video footage, BMW can only trace back to the model, and the car looks as if it might be a write off for sure sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A write-off? Oh maaaan sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Okay, so say the car is tracable. If they can pick a mugger out of a police line up, surely they can do it with someone who causes thousands of pounds of criminal damage.

Your Dad has seen the guy, so it must be possible (okay, the old adage of 'his word against yours' applies I guess).

If the car's a write off, I'd be taking this as far as I could, just for the satisfaction of revenge on this *******.

A write off, ***** sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

If thats true, then I'd put more faith in the insurance companies investigators, they'll certainly be looking for someone else to pay for this if they can.

That was a nice piece of editing by Zippy actually! Very slick

If it was a new Bimmer it migh tbe worth ringing around the local BMW repair places and letting them know the story. No doubt he will have to put the car in there to get fixed?

Also, might be worth hanging around an overpass around the same time of day for a few days (if you can of course), you never know your luck - he might drive past that way a few times a week?