New MPG record?

Paul

Just done a bit of a tour of the UK, but I'll put that in the General Chat section.

Anyway, did 473.5 miles (the low fuel light came on at 455.1 miles) and put in 29.64 litres. That's 6.52 gallons, which means a figure of 72.62mpg Image022.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Have to say that I drove with a really light right foot, but I think it paid off. It's good to know that my little Lupo is running well smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I knew that the 63.5mpg on the way back from France could be beaten. I just ran out of country blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

By the way, goodness knows what the green tint is from on the photo blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Fantastic! That's certainly good economy. I'd like to try a diesel loop out for a while to see what I can get.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Feck me that's good! My Loop TDI average 50mpg over 13,000 miles but I did drive like I stole it sometimes (mostly from being late). Only once got it near 60mpg though.

pual, u drive a 1.0?

i can get 50mpg out of my petrol sport biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> beat that!

only happened once and i was realy trying!

Edited by Bikerz

managed about 65mpg in my lupo sport driving down to london, didnt top 80 all the way down! was very pelased!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GIT laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> i thourght i did well, mine was town driving!

65-67 mpg was my best going to Edinburgh once.

Normally though it is a lot of town driving and thrashing so it drops to 30 odd, not much better than when I had the 1.0.

Well done though, looking forward to reading about the trip in general chat.

I got 56mpg out of my loop last year going to & from Inters... I was taking it very easy though as the weather was atrocious and we had the derby on a trailer in the convoy...

I got 36mpg this weekend going to & from VW Mania in Belgium - 470 mile round trip on just under 13 gallons of petrol. 90-100mph most of the way. I had a 2.0l mk1 golf cabrio and 2 VR6's to keep up with...

I averaged 53mpg on my last tank of optiplop, all the advantages of diesel but with performance and a good noise smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> that 1.7sdi engine is the worst i've ever driven when it was in a polo, don't think the lighter lupo would improve it much.

coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> its a diesel

Everyone used to mock my SDi, but I had the laugh when I only had to put in £5 of diesel to get me to work and back. My other colleagues were using £15 upwards of petrol.

• 2 weeks later...
76.9!!!!! thats 10 years ago!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cant be i can rember when it was 69.9 biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />