• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colour looks awesome.:shades:

It's Flash red? or is it Tornado?

Cheers, think its Flash red mate!

Beautiful!!

Well Done!! How much did you Lower it by? Thinking of lowering my GTi.

:D

:) thanks man, just wound the coilovers so that I had enough front bumper gap to get into my drive... so roughly 90-100mm :lol:

That looks soooooooo good! :lol:

How much camber you running mate?

Cheers bro, its about -3 degrees... don't get any uneven tyre wear either for some reason :D

That colour on that is so nice!! looks awsome :)

Thanks, sun brings the colour out a treat :)

• 3 weeks later...

Have you had your camber adjusted after you fitted the coils ?

No I haven't :lol: I'd have to get them drilled out as there's no adjustment on them to give me a bit of positive camber. Haven't had any uneven wear though as I'm running hard as nail nankangs so I'll leave it :)

Love your car mate B) . You say you get no wear on the Nankang's? Mine got lowered last weekend, I've got a lot of negative camber on the front passenger side, and the other side is much more 'upright'. When driven hard the less cambered side catches but the other doesn't... so camber shims are tempting, just didn't want to destroy the tyres in a month :blink: .

Love your car mate B) . You say you get no wear on the Nankang's? Mine got lowered last weekend, I've got a lot of negative camber on the front passenger side, and the other side is much more 'upright'. When driven hard the less cambered side catches but the other doesn't... so camber shims are tempting, just didn't want to destroy the tyres in a month :blink: .

Cheers man, yours is pretty ace too :) Nope none, have you still got the nankangs on yours? I'd have thought you'll be aright, depending on how much camber you decide to run.... they are hard wearing tyres, got them on my bathursts too and in the 7000 miles of having the car I've had hardly any wear between the two sets :)

Yeah it's on Nankang's, think the fronts are virtually brand new aswell. Is that 7000 miles running the camber? That's quite impressive if so, might have to look into some shims...

EDIT - the thing that put me off was Philplop on here trashed a set of Nankang's in about a month I'm sure he said? He was running insane stretch though aswell as the camber, dunno how much that had to do with it...

Edited by RossB

Yeah I got it lowered pretty much as soon as I got it, couldn't bare rocking standard ride height! lol. Tbf they're only £32 each so its not a big loss, but I havent had any problems with wear and I drive to uni everyday :) Maybe Philplop drives like a hero everywhere haa, toe kills tyres though, not camber :)

• 4 weeks later...

Went in for a front end re-spray today, getting the bonnet, bumper and wings done as they were quite badly stone chipped from the winter driving. had to pop back earlier as I left something in it, eeeek scary stuff :)

Photo-0058.jpg

EDIT - the thing that put me off was Philplop on here trashed a set of Nankang's in about a month I'm sure he said? He was running insane stretch though aswell as the camber, dunno how much that had to do with it...

Maybe Philplop drives like a hero everywhere haa, toe kills tyres though, not camber :)

:lol:

It might have been the toe or tracking, but all I did was lessen the camber and it's been fine since.

I also found out later than the inflator I used was massively inaccurate, and I was running them at about 50psi. :blink:

Well got the lupo back from the body shop today, well chuffed! :) Just scared of driving it now and getting chips all over the bonnet and bumper again :(

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

Might be looking at a px for some bbs splits soon as I'm after a change :)

Front end is looking sweet wub.gif

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Well sold the modernlines yesterday and sent the funds through for these last night, should be coming from Germany and at my door Thursday... fingers crossed :)

33JPG.jpg

29JPG.jpg

27-1JPG.jpg

Thanks, Ad

Edited by Ad....

Jealous of your stone chip free front end, mine's peppered with chips and on a black car I think they show up even worse! Can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid?

Love the new wheels too :wub:

Jealous of your stone chip free front end, mine's peppered with chips and on a black car I think they show up even worse! Can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid?

Love the new wheels too :wub:

Lol Get it done mate, I just had enough of the stone chips everywhere, ruined the car :) I paid £360 for the bonnet, bumper and wings which I thought was pretty reasonable?