The Pea! Wedding Car?! Pg. 9

veedubdude

Wow thanks for all the positive feedback guys, didn't expect such a response :)

Soad-s7 - Im guessing you mean the wheels on the previous page. They're modified Compomotive CX's, 14*7.5. They have enkei badges as thats all I could find to fit at the moment!

ste18x - Only sorted at the moment as the car has been raised up back to near standard ride height. I need to look into it more once the MOT's passed and I drop her back down.

Managed to get time to black the bottom of the rear bumper today. Was looking shabby as its been painted a few times in the past, first green, and then satin black again; and where bits have chipped and general wear it looked poor. So it was given a good rub down and a few coats of black wrinkle paint to give it a more OEM texture and look rather than just a plain simple smooth satin black which I dont like the look of. Depending on how well it matches the front bumper bottom when its dry, I may also do that.

Pictures while the paint was drying so still looks a bit patchy:

DSC_0431.jpg

And why the wheels look so ridiculous:

DSC_0434.jpg

I forgot the rear has camber shims on too, and coupled with a tiny 155/55/14 tyre on a 6" rim, the rear looks ridiculous - 40mm spacer and a slam, and I reckon these wheels could work - its all about the stance baby! Stretching these tyres on the 7.5" compos could be asking a bit much though...

Edited by veedubdude

Thanks again guys! :)

Croakey - the name rings a bell now you've said that! I wish Id never sold those wheels on, Ive looked for more in that size and fitment and cant find any :(

Pic for the sake of the gorgeous keskins :wub:

Golf1.jpg

Yeah 8 and 9s with 205/40 stretched over them, I remember the guys in work looking at them for the first time, 'WTF' was said alot, lol.

nfbr - thats the new thing dont you know? Bent axle for cheap camber stance! :P

Yeah 8 and 9s with 205/40 stretched over them, I remember the guys in work looking at them for the first time, 'WTF' was said alot, lol.

nfbr - thats the new thing dont you know? Bent axle for cheap camber stance! :P

yeah thats right, looked crazy mad as they were falkens with naff all sidewalls!

• 3 weeks later...

Time isnt half flying by at the moment, but time for a quick update! Ive mostly been fixing any little niggly bits and pieces that needed doing, and pretty much the only things that now need finishing are the bodywork polish, and a resolder of the door mechs seen as the interior light will not switch itself off! As far as I know (at the moment) that should be everything complete and back to status from when it left the factory! Just the MOt around the corner!

Finally got around to fitting a fail safe in case of a dead battery now that the car has no key locks:

DSC_0453.jpg

This is nestled up in the passenger corner front bumper, and gives me a positive and earth connection to the battery. So all I do is plug the other end of the vibe fast plug onto a battery and then the remote locking will work from the fob! If you plan on doing this yourself make sure you fit a fuse on the positive connection, just like when wiring an amp up.

And then a quick teaser of the newly found shine in the bonnet (the only part Ive got round to mopping yet)

DSC_0454.jpg

So maybe the next update will be an MOT pass?? Here's to hoping...

• 3 weeks later...

Well the update Ive been waiting to give - the Pea is resurrected!! Passed the MOT yesterday, first time and no advisories! Yipppeeee!! :lol:

Only problem is they couldn't do the tracking as the tie rod ends are seized, so just waiting for some nice new ones to come through the post and I can finally go for a good drive!

So in the last week or two I managed to get the bodywork fully mopped, now just need to give it a good polish, and in another month or so its first coat of wax when the paint has finished breathing. Also replaced the drivers side wishbone as the bushes where looking a bit tired. Otherside was done just before I bought her so the front end should be nice and tight now.

And a few pictures in her (almost) complete state:

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

B)

Thanks for all the comments guys, once again it is very, very much appreciated! [:)] Once the tracking is done and Ive lowered her again after the MOT Ill get some nice shots of her.

Now comes the bad bit - a year ago when I bought this car it was supposed to be a daily to help me get through the next year. Then everything happened with the whole OCD on fixing everything I found not to be right, which took a year of any spare time to sort. Now Im getting married and need to raise some cash...

So it is with great regret that in the next few weeks this will probably be up for sale, for a new owner to enjoy :(

It is a probably not a definately, but time will tell...